how to bump up Inquisitors DPS

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-mykei, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-mykei Guest

i'm level 90, Archon's Reconstructing armor atm, some tofs x2 and drunder drops, but my DPS is sad at about 8k on most fights that last a minute or more. i see inq parse 20k and up with ease and have no clue what they are doing to make that range. i have tried only CAs and only spells, and a combo. 240aa so have tried a few specs, but all result in the same in the end. my potency is about 120% and so im guessing that may be the problem. CC/CB are ~200%. i have tried full battle stance, heal/battle stance, no stance.... im sure ill figure it out, any help would be nice. my wep is 138dps 1h crush also. i have read that 1h/shield is the way to go. i do plan to heal/cure, but i still see this low dps as an issue.
    edit, seeing post about going 2h wep.
  2. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Are you comparing your dps to someone who has full raid gear and 320 aa points? 20k dps is about standard for what I do on raid mobs when I am solo healing a group... I have 1/2 EM and 1/2 HM gear at this time.
    Next time you are in a raid with an inq you think is doing high dps, open up ACT and look at what they are casting. You might find that you are getting the same number of autoattacks and combat arts off, but the hits are for much lower amounts due to gear. You can then at least rest assured that you are doing as well as you can with the gear you have.
  3. ARCHIVED-mykei Guest

i see the high DPS inquisitors doing much more cursh, close to 20% of their damage (maybe a little more) and it's the top on the parse. i cant get above 8% crush atm so am thinking maybe a wep issue.
    edit: i managed to get to 9k dps with 30% crush, part of the issue is autoattch 1 doesnt always turn on auto attck. attack seems to drop off when i switch targets.
  4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Most likely you have a Wand equipped in your ranged slot. Remove it, replace with a Symbol. Fixed.
  5. ARCHIVED-luinnil Guest

I'm in mostly EM-drunder and HM raid gear so your mileage will vary a lot from mine. 20k dps should be easy to break as an Inq with reasonable gear _if_ you don't have to heal too much. If you're the solo healer or the better healer don't worry about your dps as much.
    That being said:
    - I disagree with removing a wand. However macro /autoattack 1 to all of your damage spells after the spellcast. Wands are much better statistically and frequently come with an easy way to reforge into MA. My wand actually has 3.5% AoE attack and 16ish MA on it and no symbol is going to match this. But you NEED to be auto-attacking
    - Use CAs.
    - Use Vengeance and Repentance. Heresy is terrible unless you know for sure the mob you're using it on will proc it.
    - Open with Condemn on longer fights, it lasts a while and boosts everyone.
    - Use Divine Guidance to give you a 20ish seconds time where you probably won't have to heal and dps a lot in that time-frame
    - Make sure you maximize your cleric tree for DPS, 10 in the 2nd ability in all lines but the int line is very helpful.
    - Cyclical battering yellow/red rune.
    - Use a 2h weapon. I mourn my Dire Sledge of Revelations or I would have recommended it to you.
  6. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Step 1: Open up a browser window to u.eq2wire.
    Step 2: Search for Remsano on the Oasis server and look at his gear and AA spec.
    Fixed.
    And you are welcome.
    Hehe. Kidding aside though, none of his gear is super hard to come by, and he has a bit over 500 MA. Still able to maintain 100% cast speed and a decent amount of reuse. I do an average of 60-120k dps on fights, depending on the strat of course.
  7. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Remeo@Oasis wrote:
    Although EQ2U shows 500MA like you mention, I added up the adorns and gear tags for MA and only came up with 160ish.
    Where is the other 340 hiding? (Not a slight or attack, I'm sincerely interested in how an Inq has Scout MA values)
    Also, OP: You'll need 4 colossals (1K p x 4) to start to compare with his Inq.
  8. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Callur@Crushbone wrote:
    OP: Many already recognize the niche application of Heresy but Vengence is also something whose cast frequency varies by mob.
    I've been watching Vengence myself and many melee centric mobs don't always use up the triggers before the spell refreshes (it lasts a long time like condemn does).
    For instance in SOH the first name burns the Vengence triggers quick and it is usually good to cast it every time it lights up but in PR the undead skellys usually don't burn the triggers until the spell is about to wear out. Casting it every time it lights up in PR is a waste of time but isn't in SOH.
    Timing wise for Autoattack usually you hit 2-3 buttons wait a pause till you see the AT numbers go off, cycle 2-3 buttons, wait fo the AT to go off, etc. Once you get into a cadence things usually go vertical on the ACT report.
  9. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Sorry, been away from the boards for a few days. Alot of the MA comes from reforging. Like the weapon for example reforged has 66 MA.
  10. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Remeo@Oasis wrote:
    Oh ok. Tx.
    I know reforging goes a long way for MA, I only toyed with reforging for AOEAT from cast speed back when AOD was on Test and knew that any stat (AOE AT, MA, etc.) isn't worth dropping below 80% cast speed for me personally.
    I hadn't checked out what garbage stats can be converted to MA on my EM DOV. I'm lazy, do you have a preference on what stat you sacrifice for MA?
  11. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Spell weapon stats.
  12. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Bandit hit it on the head. If at all possible, I rob spell weapon stuff. The bad news is that alot of the original EM raid armor is not that good for reforging. The newer stuff on the other hand (especially jewelry) is just heavenly.
  13. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

True. It is a shame the original EM doesn't have enough juicing stats to waste.
    I like my war runes that give me all that passive soloablitiy so it's going to be hard for the Reds to get me out of it unless the DPS increase means I don't need the passive HPS from war runes.
    Jewelry wise, I never even glanced at Heroic stuff since I had raid items. Maybe I'll re-glance at it.
  14. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

A big change happened, and I'm not sure if it was intentional. I hope I don't go and blow the whistle and it gets changed back. Here goes.

You can now put Red/Yellow Crit Bonus adornments on all primary armor pieces. I still need to finish testing it, but I'm thinking it will be more of a dps increase then MA adorns.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tigerr Guest

In my opinion, to up your DPS abit, I'd go get that Jagged or W.e rune that increases trigger on Repentance, you'd be surprised at how much dmg it does. Make sure you have a 2 hander and put some points into Persecution in Heroic. Y You should probably make a trigger for Time Warp ( if you have trouble, i'll post it here, assuming you have ACT) On time warp, make sure you get repentance + Litany circle and Heretics Doom in. Those 2 AoE's will boost your dps significantly. Coordinate with your utility classes, your dps really relies on how good the utility is.