How reliable is the server load list?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Laiustaru, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Laiustaru Guest

[p]I have been told that the server load list when you create a character is not reliable because servers like Najena and Permafrost for example have a larger player capacity than other servers, therefore even though Najena for example is almost always at the top of the list (meaning less people playing at the moment) it is more populated than Crushbone server which is usually in the second spot at the botton of the list just behind Antonia Bayle which is almost always the most populated at any given time.[/p][p] [/p][p]Can anyone confirm this?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

[p]Well I don't know about that but I can speak about Permafrost.[/p][p]I think it usually shows a "medium" load.. but to me the population feels like what I would consider "light". It's a GREAT community tho and people are so nice on Perma that it totally shocks me still. But I think it's just a wee bit on the low side for population. So based on that personally I would not move to a server that shows less than a "medium" load.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Yax Guest

I seriously doubt that some servers have a higher capacity than others. The server load list should be fairly accurate, but you have to look at it during your primary play time because different servers peak at different times (not just EU vs. US servers).