How often should we be able to do seagulls/truffles quests?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Abasinolanam, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Abasinolanam Active Member

I hear people calling this a "daily" but I am able to repeat the quests every 5-6 hours, maybe even more frequent. Is this a bug or intended?
    I did it this morning (9-11am) and it's already available again at 2pm. I noticed this yesterday too but people in chat channels said it had reset at night but that's clearly not the case.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I thought it was 18 hours as well (or at the very least over night), but I was able to repeat two of the quests within a few hours of each other. That was a couple of days ago. When I tried again the quests didn't allow me to complete them until next day (the fishing and the seagull). I thought it somehow bugged but maybe the timers are being changed?
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

"Daily" quest timers have been broken for a couple xpacs now. The "daily" dungeon sometimes resets mid-day, too. ToV dailies also did. Maybe before that, too... I don't recall.

I loop through 5 of them on my 95-98th level alts once in a while for ferrin and XP (seagulls - truffles - fish - allu'thoa - climbing... spider-stomping is no fun), then /camp at one end of the chain and do them in the reverse order next time.

I got an "early" restart during +150% XP on one alt... re-ran seagulls truffles and fish on the same day (which were the most recent ones she had done), then couldn't do allu'thoa and mountainclimbing yet, even though they'd been on cooldown even longer...

So when it happens, smile, say "thanks SoE!", and take your extra 6 ferrin.
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

ToV and AoM Dungeon "Dailies" are not so much broken, as misnamed. They change every 18 hours on the dot. This causes their reset time to march backwards through the day. For example, AoM Heroic reset times (Eastern Time Zone)

[IMG]

I've not been bored enough to try to pin down the timer on the item quests such as seagulls.