How many players?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by JaekobCaed, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

We've seen quite a bit of EQN previews. It's fast-twitch, lots of loud, busy action, and designed to be playable with a controller. I think it's designed for the wider audience, not just traditional MMOs.
    Livejazz and Estred like this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

The art style is the only thing we can judge. Since we have seen it. The game style can only be critiqued over what YOU or I "think" it will be like. But without actually playing it, it all pure hyperbole.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

Hands on...then we judge. Thats all I'm saying.
    Kalderon and Griffon Lady like this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I'll agree to that.
  5. Pauly Well-Known Member

those old zones can easily be solo'd now with 'at level' charcters. no need to group when the content is easy
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I give it 8 thumbs down to the art style.
    Raff likes this.
  7. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I still remember the early days of EQ1, when server populations were posted on the log-in screen.

As for EQN, I'll probably try it, given that I'm an inveterate EQ fanboi. But so far, almost nothing of what I've seen has appealed to me, & Feldon's assessment of it makes my inner gamer cry. In the meantime, I've switched guilds, my new bunch seems to always have people on, I've done a couple guild groups & had a LOT of fun with them, Freeport is sufficiently populated to keep me happy, & until those things change for the worse, I've no incentive to consider a different MMO.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, i will wait and see, it does more look like minecraft on highres ^^
    But if some of the features will make it and it does scale with more then 2-3 peeps in one area.... i maybe get over with the toon style ^^ (But we will see, whats coming next, before eqNext ^^)
  9. Elskidorr Active Member

I think the majority of Everquest players will try out EQNext, which will also bring in EQ ves that retired to other games, but remain interested. And of course there will be loads and loads of curious gamers that just want to try something new, who have never paid an EQ title at all.

As long as they produce a great game, and don't release it as a clunky mess, it has the power to bring in boat loads of cash. It would be nice of them to return a few devs back to eq and eq2 at that point and give us all quality expansions and address things that have been ignore for far too long. Expansions as epic as they use to be years long passed.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I duno.. I tried Landmark and it just was not what I was expecting, and not in a good way... I hear they added PVP since then, so all kinds of nope.
    I don't think I'll try EQN. Too many shenanigans here in EQ2 for me to give SOE more chances by joining in on another of their games. SOE has to earn my trust if they want me to buy into another of their games.
  11. Milliebii Well-Known Member

I would say a different and larger audience, not the traditional MMORPG audience.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

saw the graphics. said NO.