How many Kithicor Rangers?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Trobon the Orange, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Trobon the Orange Guest

Just curious how many of you are on Kithicor? I mean it IS the home of Rangers in EQ... again just curious.
  2. ARCHIVED-perseus0001 Guest

I have been checking for higher lvl's on Kithicor every day I play (/who 20 30 all).ect but have yet to find any ranger classes. So far i have yet to find more then 5 people 20+ so i dont think there are many there yet, but i bet by next weekend there will be quite a few.
    -Aroywen lvl 14 Pred
    Kithicor server
  3. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Silly Trobon -- Kelethin is the home of the rangers in EQ. Kithicor is the forest outside of Neriak, the home of the Dark Elves. It borders the Commons and Lavastorm. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Bozack Guest

Gonna side with Trobon on this one; in the original build of EQ (pre-release), Kelethin didn't even exist--it was Antonica only, and Faydwer was introduced later in beta (if memory serves me correctly). Most rangers started in Surefall Glade/Qeynos area, but Kithicor was where many of the significant Ranger quests were centered (including the Short Sword of Morin, which was the ULTIMATE weapon for Rangers in the first couple months of EQ). I still check tracking in EQ2 for the Ghoul Messenger! The Ivy-Etched Armor quests started there too, back in the early days when you still got most of your best gear by questing for it instead of KiLl1nG t3h l33t m0bs f0r pHaT l3wTz.
  5. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Faydwer existed when I joined Beta 2, so I was totally unaware of that little fact! I remember my first run through Kith with my monk, before he even had Feign Death...At night. Hooo. I have fond memories of the Kithicor forest. Helping rogue friends on the epic quest (which, of course, was only later in the game) and yes, the SSOM. Memories of everquest almost bring a tear to my eye. Now if I could just figure out how to get "of Veeshan" appended to my Ranger...

Bozack; you are a wealth of knowledge, I'm very impressed. I'm sure you remember when Ykesha's were 10k and the FBSS was THE THING...isn't it great? The old ways? Looking at the way the economy is structured now, I'm fearful of a return to the decline, the thing we experienced in the last year of EQ, when inflation would have been helpful, but ultimately as useless as it is in REAL economics. Ah well, my laments are mostly speculative at this point, I may as well just play the game and save up for that Eldaar charger whistle.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bozack Guest

Yep, despite the problems EQ had early in its career, it really was the best MMO out there and the "Vision" (TM) was one of the strongest RPG rule systems I've ever seen. Yes, it was unforgiving, and yes it was frustrating to have to stay logged in for 2 hours extra to try to get your corpse out of the bottom of Guk, but it really added a sense of consequence to the game. Nowadays it seems like most MMOs are just timesink after timesink; monster AI is pitiful, and there's very little risk for the reward. Don't get me wrong, I'd MUCH rather have a little xp debt to deal with than have to go on a naked corpse run, but it really made the stakes higher. I stopped playing EQ1 when Luclin came out, and I really think that was when the game jumped the shark for good, but everyone's mileage varies.

As far as the "of Veeshan" thing after your name, I think you just need to have your EQ1 account active and then select it as a suffix on the Persona screen. You have to be using the same Station account that you used for your original EQ toon, though.

:smileywink:
  7. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Jumped the shark indeed. Good reference. I meet all those requirements, actually it won't allow me to choose ANY prefix, or suffix title, though I've earned several. Go figure.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bozack Guest

Weird :smileysad:.

Have you petitioned it?
  9. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

It really hasn't put a crimp in my style at all, but I might petition it tonight when I play. I can hardly wait. I want those high damage bow specials, so I need to level up up up ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Scribbler Guest

My character Brianne made Ranger about 12 hours ago. Somebody tried to congratulate me on being Kith's first Ranger but according to my character's level history I'm the 5th to do it. So apparently there were 4 before me. Dunno who though, I do a "/who all ranger" quite often but never see any others.
    Message Edited by Scribbler on 11-17-2004 04:42 AM