How many disguises do Swashbuckler's get?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Levitian, Dec 19, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Levitian Guest

I was reading over the skills list on scout's sanctuary of both Brigands and Swashbucklers.

I noticed that Swashbucklers get disguise half elf at 40

Brigands get disguise wood elf at 40 and disguise ogre at 50.

Do Swashbucklers have another disguise that just wasnt listed?
  2. ARCHIVED-Santsu Guest

No Swashbucklers 50 lvl fluff power is Blade Blur. I dont know what it is but it sounds cool.
  3. ARCHIVED-Levitian Guest

Thanks a bunch~ assumed that was a combat ability lol went over too quickly
  4. ARCHIVED-knightdantes Guest

Blade Blur is cool. Charm and Half Elf appearance suck.
  5. ARCHIVED-Onuma Guest

Well, a Half-Elf disguise is utterly useless, even for entertainment purposes, for myself...a Half-Elf swashbuckler, lol.
  6. ARCHIVED-Andal Guest

I enjoy Charm tremendously, and have a lot of fun with it among my friends and guildies. It fits into my fantasy persona quite well, and I think it's a much more intimate and fun talent than summoning a bird or changing one's appearance.

It may just be that you lack the minimal level of imagination required to appreciate an ability more nuanced than waving one's daggers around. Sad, but you're certainly not alone. It would appear that about 90% of the players fit that mold, seeming to have moved directly from Super Nintendo to EQ2.

Ah but it's always so easy to post shallow declarative criticisms, rather than take pause and consider the whole picture.
  7. ARCHIVED-Alpheratz Guest

What do Charm exactly do? i have read in the list but is not that clear, what is the effect?

I peronally am thinking to betray freeport and going in qeynos for a changeas all my char are born in freeport...but I chosed my ratonga rogue to be Brigand also because of the lv 50 Ogre Disguise, for the fun to change from a little rat to a big ogre eheh, and i tough the swashbucler had a similar spell at 50 but now i know it's not....so I am really undecided..

thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-Kaffis Guest

Swashbuckler's charm will make a target groupmember of the opposite gender (or is it still bugged to be females regardless of your own gender?) of lower level than you perform the /flustered emote, along with a text line that says "Soandsoswashbuckler turns on the charm."

The only disguise swashbucklers get is half elf. Level 50's fluff is "blade blur," though I've yet to hear the animation it performs described.
  9. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

Swashbucklers charm works on anyone of a lower level regardless of gender.

I use it to confuse the tanks who dont know what they are doing. I had one claim he was bugged, and thats why he couldnt hold the hate.... his proof was the fact that he kept /flustering every minute or so without touchign his keyboard. However, not touching his keyboard is probably the real reason he sucked.

All disguises are pretty useless if you do the boen collections and get the petrified eyes. Then you can disguise yourself as just about anything anyway.
  10. ARCHIVED-Snapdragyn Guest

I also hate the Charm fluff skill. I didn't move to EQ2 from Super Nintendo, though; I play D&D, a _true_ RPG. While Charm also fits my character's persona, I would prefer a skill that was flashier (which would also fit his persona), & one that actually _worked_ whenever I wished to use it (as opposed to the ridiculous lower-level-target restriction on a fluff skill). Perhaps you lacked the minimal level of imagination required to appreciate the validity of points of view other than your own?

Wise words indeed. Perhaps next time you might reflect upon them before posting thinly viewed insults.
  11. ARCHIVED-Manwolf Guest

Charm is weak. Heck most people don't even notice it being done unless I point it out. I would have prefered a cool hat or something.
  12. ARCHIVED-Alpheratz Guest

Is basically the same as inquisitor get, i used it like 3 time and removed from my hotbar, completly useless and not fun.