How is this?

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Chayna, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

How does this sig look?
  2. ARCHIVED-Khellendrathas Guest

Looks good! I like how you displayed your character. It's very expressive. The right side of the sig seems a bit blank though. You might fiddle around with that side. Heck, even putting a simple gradient on it from one side to another will add to it. And the text is a bit hard to read I think because of the outer glow with the size of the font. Depending on what you want to display as most prominent, you can choose that text to be bigger and the rest smaller. And using maybe two different fonts to separate say, name from the other info would look good too.
  3. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

[face="helvetica"]I agree with Khell. :) And that pose is GREAT![/face]
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I agree with Khell...the effect around your character is really nice, and the pose is great. :) (I can never catch my characters with their eyes closed! Is there a trick I'm not aware of??) I also agree that the right half is lacking something...[/p][p]Using an inner bevel with a white drop shadow is not usually A Good Idea; as Khell said, it makes the text harder to read. Try decreasing the shine on your bevel or adjusting the color of the drop shadow to help the text stand out more against the effects behind it. :)[/p][p]I like how the text colors come from colors in your character shot -- I do that a lot :) -- but they're lonely! Adding a border, maybe, or some sort of effect behind the text with those colors (or lighter / darker variations of them) will help tie the image together even more.[/p][p]Great work so far![/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

Thanks all. Those are exactly the things I was concerned about. I need to find a better font that is feminine but readable for the name. The other stuff I think I will redo in a square font. I'm toying with ideas for the right side to make it more visually interesting but not too cluttered. The trick to the pose was I captured it in the Willow Wood bank and I some how my Friend of Growth got positioned above me and I was looking up at it. You can also accomplish this by having another character stand near and above (you don't have to target them, your character will track the nearest person...usually). I just got lucky on the eyes being closed. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-KynnVea Guest

I agree Lovely pose, Great color balance to the character, the left side looks great. Borders tend to enhance signatures quite nicely. As much as I hate doing them. I'd suggest perhaps making similar leaves that surround your character, go around the perimeter of the signature, making a leafy border. I'm not sure how easy, or how well that'd work, but it might be worth a shot. Also- Check out Dafont.com
  7. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

That's a nice idea. I'll have to see what I can do.
  8. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Best way to get their eyes to close is to change their mood to sleepy. In my UI I havea button that does just that along with, angry and things like that. Oh and great siggy:) I really like the colors and the pose!
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Crescendo@Everfrost wrote:
    Ooh...good idea. I'm gonna have to try it!
  10. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

[p][IMG][/p][p][face="helvetica"]So, I took yours and did it from scratch, using your idea and pose. Put a tree and sky behind her, and the leaves like you had it, but I gave them a drop shadow. Gradient's in the background, but it's kind of hard to tell.. So I did a cloud render with a lighter green and a shade of mauve from the background behind her.[/face] [IMG][/p][p][face="helvetica"]Wish isn't so bad. Maybe just use another color to offset the green of the leaves? If that's too faded, there's always the turquoise from her dress.[/face] [IMG] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

[IMG] This feels a bit busy to me. My eyes are getting tired... OMG I might need to get glasses... Or i need to try the lettering from scratch. Those are cool ideas. I think you have an idea of the look I was going for. When I did the original leaf it was pretty random so the leaves are maybe too busy. I think did a layer mask to reveal Chayna's face. I'm not sure I like the second view of the face. I'll play with it tomorrow.
  12. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

13. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] I like this one the best .. you just need to change it a .gif instead of .jpg. It shows a black border where your lettering went into the Transparency. [/p][p]-- [/p][p]I'm personally *tickled* because that looks like MY Warden who is also a Tailor .. lol .. (Keisha). [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Khellendrathas Guest

Or change it to a .png. That'll keep it from losing quality since you have a lot of colors.