how does the tinker level work??

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-hansomepete, May 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

Took tinkering as my secondary tradeskill way back. Never really did anything with it till I hit both 92/92 on my main. Been doing those gnomish cross trainers end over end for at least a week and I have 7/465 skill....
    I never get any levels in this thing. Seems like if you complete a four ding you get 1 skill. Tried to do a rose from the Vday content and it failed misserably and no skill up. Can't even try a new combine till 20, at this rate I'll be at 10 by Christmas. How do you get that skill up?
  2. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

hansomepete wrote:
    everytime you craft either a Tinkering or Adornment item you have a chance to skill up from it. You have to complete at least the first line but dont need to do all four to get a chance at a skill up. The closer to your skill level the recipes is the more chance you have at getting a skill up. Tinkering and Adorning do not have 'Level' as you might equate them to adventuring, AA or Trade Skills, they are 'Skill levels' and you get them at a rate of your Adevnture or TS (which ever is higher) times 5 (Transmuting seeds your skill by 25, but works the same way). Or Skill = (Level *5), iirc, so if your a lv 10 adventurer and a level 20 Tradeskiller then your current cap on Tinkering would be 100/460 or 20*5.
    Recipes are sold on the BB Docks and in Gnomeland Security.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

A simpler way of putting it is you have a 50% chance of getting a skill up each time you make a white con or harder recipe. The chance drops down to 20% for grey items. Considering the large number of resources used per combine and the difficulty of getting low level loam it is suggested that you skill up on blue or higher difficulty recipes which requires you buying new recipe books every 10 skillups.
    And as previously stated, after you get 1 bar of progress you can stop the recipe. Going to 4 bars of progress means you use less materials but you have the exact same chance of a skill up as you did with just one bar.