How does Conjuror do group PvP?

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-joeyfishcakes, Oct 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-joeyfishcakes Guest

I am just a little over a week into the game and joined a guild who are pretty social laid back. What they are doing right now is making toons and having them stop at different levels to PvP together. So I signed up to join in.

I talked to 90 Conjuror and he told me basically the class isn't very strong at PvP at all. Instead be much better off playing a Wizard as BG toon and Conjuror as PvE toon.

So I decided before I did such a thing that I should get other Conjurors opinion on the matter. Right now they are staying at level 39, then making to the jump to 59 here shortly. Is it really that bad? I enjoy my Conjuror but don't a horrible pvp class. I have no issues with having two different characters but rather just do everything with one.

so what is your guys/gals opinion on the Conjuror class in PvP?
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Conjuror's, like most Mages (read: Non-Sorcerers), have some challenges in PvP because their surviveability isn't the best. As a soloer in PvP, you'll pretty much be at the mercy of anyone who can get close to you.
    Sorcerer's in PvP have a LOT of AA's they can take to improve their surviveability.
    In a group PvP situation, a Conjuror isn't too bad if you've got a good healer (or two) in the group. They can deal a lot of damage to an opposing group.
    On the other hand, you're talking about non level capped Conjuror's, and that's not nearly as clear cut. Until you hit 90, and have access to all the fancy pet gear, you're really not going to find a lot of situations where a Sorcerer won't outparse you handily. It really does take a Conjuror getting to level cap before the playing field starts to level out.
    That 90 Conjuror in your guild however, probably not your best barometer. When I was doing BG's, I generally outparsed most of the other players in the match on my Conjuror. You just can't go out there and hope to solo consistently as a PvP Conjuror. Yes, there are some tricks you can do that help, but in solo situations you're at a pretty significant disadvantage.
    If all you are interested in is PvP, Conjuror is probably not your best choice. If there is more to it than PvP, the Conjuror will always be an "adequate" PvP performer, and depending on the skill of the player, a good to exceptional PvE contributor.
  3. ARCHIVED-calebheppner Guest

Conjuror's are fine for group PvP.. Any group can use a well timed EB to take out healers. Plus Elemental Toxicity and our stoneskin proc are always enjoyed.
    Personally, I mainly solo PVP.. Which I think I do pretty damn well at. You just have to bring some of those tactics with you when you're in a group. You can't just sit back and blast like a sorc or scout. keep your pet away from you so you can do a quick port swap if a scout finds you out on the edge. same with your stoneskins. you can also utilize your pet taunt to take melee off you as well. a Sorc doesn't have to do any of those things. lol.. It's not easymode, but that's one of the reasons I like the class.
  4. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Badmotorfinger@Nagafen wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-calebheppner Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Translocate is a spell you get at 90. It swaps positions with you and your pet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aldhissla Guest

Conjurors are decent up to great in solo and group pvp before level 70-ish where they fall behind because their defense is the weakest out of any class in the game. But until you get to that level conjurors are versatile and strong.