How do you /zonetofriend ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Ibunubi, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ibunubi Guest

[p]Last week a guildmate tried to join the raid's instance after he had to zone away from PvP before he could get an invite.[/p][p]We tried the /zonetofriend and /zone_to_group_member_zone, typing in random player names as well, and he could not join us.[/p][p]How does it work?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

[p]hmm, I am confused about what you are asking. Are you asking if there is a command that will let you port from anywhere to any zone as long as your friend is in it? If that is your question, then no . . . and thank god.[/p][p] If someone joins a raid and the raid is already in the zone, the player can simply go to the zone in location and double click and it will automatically throw him into the same instance.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think all you have to do is /invite them into one of the raid groups, and they ought to be able to zone into the instance that the rest of the raid is in. There is no /command you can type in that will just automatically take them into the instance, if that's what you're asking. Although you might want to wait until a raider or someone responds to this thread, as this is simply what I recall reading on the forums in the past.
  4. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]I may be wrong, but it sems to me the OP had a guildmember zone in to his own version of a raid instance (thus getting the 8 hour failure lockout), then get an invite to the raid. Since he was already in his own versoin of the instance, they wanted to find a command that would port him to their instance of it, which does not exist.[/p][p]Clarification from the OP would be good though.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

[p]There isn't a / command that I'm aware of. When you are grouped with someone, but in a different instance of the same zone, you should be able to right-click on their name in the group window and there's a 'go to' option there. For example if I'm in Greater Faydark 1 and the rest of my group is in Greater Faydark 2, I can use this command to zone directly over to Greater Faydark 2 without having to run to a zone line and go out and in again.[/p][p]I have only used this in overland zones, however, I haven't tried it in an instanced dungeon or a raid zone so I don't know if it would work there. Also if lockouts are involved, again I am not sure if this would work as it might allow exploits (e.g. group kills all the named in an instance, one person leaves, a new person with no lockouts zones into a new instance of the same zone, joins raid, rest of group zones into the 'fresh' instance and kills all the named all over again ... that would definitely be an exploit.) So I suspect there's probably some zones it won't work in, but I don't know of a full description or list anywhere.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Ibunubi Guest

[p]Sorry, yes, in a general explanation -- The person (1) zoned into his own raid instance. (2) Received raid invite. (3) Could not merge to the guild's raid instance. We remembered there being an option implemented in an update to join your group if they were in the same zone, just a different instance.[/p][p]So we were under the impression this would work in the raid instance, but I guess it doesn't. The person did not have a right click option in group or raid window. So I typed /zone then hit tab if there was a command and was given /zonetofriend and /zone_to_group_member_zone.[/p][p]Has any of this zoning to friends worked for anyone? (In any zone at all.) And maybe a Dev reply if this is an option for raid instances?[/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

Yes, I know that it works in a zone like Greater Faydark. When EoF first came out there were at least 3 instances running, so if you were in a group with a friend in a different instance you just right clicked on their name in the group window and jumped over to their instance. For instanced dungeons with lockouts, I'm not sure how it works since I'm sure people would try to exploit and get two runs in one day. Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
  8. ARCHIVED-Renpatsu Guest

Raid instances with lockout are excluded from that option in general, since it would allow player A to attend a raid and clear the zone, then hop over to another raid to clear it there again. This zone to group member works fine in e.g. overland zones like multiple instances of Greater Faydark.
  9. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

I think your problem happened by him zoning in first THEN getting the raid invite. Those two things should have happened the other way around and he wouldn't have had any trouble joining you.
  10. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

i have come across this situation a few times. If you are in seperate instances of the same zone, you can zone to friend by right-clicking a groupmates name and using the option there. (there is a / command, cannot recall the precise wording at the moment) But If you have started the lockout timer in anyway (i.e killing a named in most group instances or just entering a lot of raid instances) then you will not be able to use this option Th