How do you get the SS raid version Crafting recipes?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Alarra, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

I know you can get the SS advanced solo recipe guy, but I want the raid recipes. How do you get those when it's not current content? Which raid zone has it?
    Also I reckon the level 90 apprentices should have their research time reduced for the 90 spells, we're up to the next expansion now ^_~.
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

You have to get a quest from an NPC at the end of the Underdepths raid zone, complete the quest and return to him, the quest is a second run through and you have to get an item from the boss at athe end of the zone to complete the quest.

Find an empty instance before you do if you can so you can go talk to him he is at the end of the zone.
    Then you can do the quest, you have to kill all names in the zone.
    Then you research them just like other recipes.

I don't think they should reduce the time on these at all, we are not really at another expansion as compared to the past this is just the second part of this tier. Not a lot of point in these recipes, the stuff is ridiculous on the broker and the zones are not being ran anymore, which is why they broker prices are so high, supply and demand...

In it's infinite wisdom SOE neglected to put those drops on current content, it is either through pure dereliction, or intentionally to force that content to be ran.
    Guiscard likes this.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think it was intentional. They want to keep that content relevant for a while. This is why we haven't jumped to 100.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure it was intentional, the thing is throughout other tiers the end level gear came from one place, that drops level 92 gear whiere the current content drops level 95.

They have no clue, no clue whatsoever.
    At least I have enough potions to last me until the end of time, but they sure did a great job of making that stuff relevant for less than 6 months or so, the content and the materials that drop from mobs.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

To do the quest Etch the Stone you need to be a 92+ adventurer/92+ crafter or you can't pick up the quest. I've personally killed Dozekar, swam over to Yelnar and received the quest then looted the stone from the box. It worked fine. I think you could swim around and get the quest before Dozekar gets activated if the entire raid can be patient, but I think its a lot easier to get the raid looter to hold off on assigning the binding stone than making a raid wait for you.

If you arn't a 92+ adventurer or you don't think you can get a raid force together to do Underdepths then search the broker for Yelnar's Research Prism. That will give you the raid apprentice and it is fully tradeable. The quest is repeatable (finally) so they can be farmed and brokered.

Considering that I see people selling Sleeper's Tomb drops every day and the number of prime parts on sale doesn't really seem to decrease I'd say Lempo is a bit misinformed about the supply. The demand is still very high as some of the items made from prime parts can be experimented into the best in slot items short of Plane of War drops. Considering that PoW which is 90 content is still considered the end-game for EQ2 I don't think people are done farming the parts for the raid apprentices just yet.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

I just searched the broker for the Research Prism but only came up with the solo guy. However I did get a friend to let me into an empty raid instance and get the quest. Hopefully I can get the TS item with a PuR on a weekend while keeping an eye on the broker.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Wanted to add to this that you don't need to do a second zone in to do the quest if you bring all the mats with you. I've done this several times where I looted the stone, then went over to npc and did the quest to completion.

Bring a portable forge, fuel and the rares, can do it all in one go. Good luck on getting the stone :)

From the broker will be a completed item so won't need to go into UD at all, but as time goes on that prism is getting very spendy. Antonia Bayle has been going for 3k+ and only usually one (rarely two) up at a time. This wasn't the case a few months ago, then you'd see up to 4 on broker at a time and all for approximately 1k(ish).
  8. gargamelscat Active Member

The prices of SS ingredients, especially raid ones, are high because of the poor design of looting rules. Which leads to guild hoarding of materials. Lots of raid guilds run this content, and also regular ST which can drop this material, and also new ST zone which drops nothing but this material. But because of Leader Only looting, the guild keeps all the mats in a locked "Bank 4" spot usually, supposedly to "strengthen the guild."

But because crafters in raid guilds are rare, and having some thing crafted for you instead of paying DKP for a raid drop discourages attendance at raid, and increases raid leader anxiety that you will want to change your main or leave once you're "all geared up", those mats are NOT given to guild members at any but the most enligthened guilds. Therefore, those mats are a bank of money for the guild, and the guild can simply sell them slowly for huge sums instead of strengthening anyone with them. When guilds fold, it raises the price of the guild if it is sold.

Those mats are extremely common in the guild banks of raid guilds, but unless you run a raid guild, or find a raid guild that isn't out to benefit mostly the leaders, you won't get your hands on it.

I've been requesting, without much success, to have looting be two-tier, so you can make such looting rules as "Leader Only for Legendary+ and everything else is NBG. This would then require that all crafting mats be re-lableled Treasured to allow for GEAR to be subjected to DKP looting rules as usual, and crafting mats to be distributed to the guild on the spot. The looting rule (single rule looting) also created a massive issue with Obols in AoA when our guild leaders simply couldn't keep up with Obols and had to start just assigning them to people up and down the roster. Obviously we didn't want to complain bc we needed Obols so much in the early days, but it was a huge pain for assigned looters. The worst scenario would've been for the zone to be nerfed of Obols. Sorry, digression.

You can randomly get a drop of those mats from the old ST zone, but try to get a group to run that anymore, it's like pulling teeth. Everyone wants to do it hard mode and wipe on it 10 times instead of grind it for possible prime mats and the mount.

As to your question, you can do it in one run, if you arrive prepared with a portable forge, and 5 each of rares (see below), after running one zone of UD x4. There is a list of steps and needed materials in Wikia, under the quest, Etch the Stone. All intermediate steps of the "prism" are non tradeable except the last step. So you could, in theory, but not common practice, give the prism/stone to someone else when the quest series is complete.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Etch_the_Stone

The materials needed are:

(from http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Binding_Stone_Modification)

However the trickiest part is NOT the mats, the trickiest part is NOT killing dozy until AFTER you've talked to Elder Yelnar and received the quest. Because looting the Binding Stone without the quest means you've missed the first quest update. You can try, I think, to craft both binding stones in one instance though by talking to Yelnar twice, but I've never tried it... the recipe is single use, but i don't know if he'll give you a second one if you have another binding stone from a previous instance. Best advice here is to go easy and have everyone knowing you're going for the quest.

Edit: In my experience, regardless of if the raid knows the strat, the leaders tend to go thru it again... while they are explaining the strat, swim out and get the quest. You might be nice and try to share the quest. Raid looting being what it is, your leaders will assign the stone to you anyway, but at least it will start anyone else who qualifies with the quest and save them a swim. Not sure if it's shareable quest though.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

I got the quest from an empty raid instance, so I will see if I can get a PuR on the weekend and hopefully they can kill Dozekar.
    Thanks for the help guys, I can only hope that I either can buy it on the broker or get lucky with a decent PuR.
    Not in a raiding guild due to real life commitments. However I could run some ST and/or buy the ingredients from the broker for the gear.
    That's an expensive list of stuff to make it, but it will be less than the stone itself on the broker or a single ingredient for a recipe.
    I want to make some decent gear for my alts and maybe sell stuff if I get low on plat. Wish me luck on getting it from a PuR or it appearing on the broker at all.

Thanks for all the help guys.
  10. gargamelscat Active Member

Best wishes. :cool:
    Guiscard likes this.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

First off for Alarra, gargamelscat couldn't have filled in the holes I left any better, and yes you do need to read the quest walkthrough carefully because it is easy to overlook something here and have to do an extra pass through the zone.

I disagree with a lot you said here leading into that. Our guild is chock full of max level crafters, our raid leader loots (looted) the materials the items that were best or near best in slot for particualr classes were made as the items became available made by one of our crafters and /random for by those that need it. Any competent raid guild or raid leader couldn't care less if you had an item crafted or you paid DKP for it (you sound really embittered at raiders and DKP). Only 'the most enlightened' guilds give those out to members? Why? So those members can make items for their alts that they hardly ever play or sell them on the broker to line their on pockets? Any guild worth being in is going to have a guild charter and rules, if it is a raid guild there will also be loot rules, if you don't like those rules then don't join the guild (you should read them before even considering joining to begin with)
    As for those items locked away in guild bank 4, before making those comments about the leaders trying to raise the value of the guild for when they sell it, or make more plat for themselves or whatever else you choose to rant about did you consider that the mats might just be for there so consumable such as potions and arrows can be made.

It would be nice if there could be a 2-tier system like you said, but it wouldn't change the situation in most cases the raid leader sets the loot options and if the guild keeps those materials for whatever reason that isn't going to change.
    If you want to place blame on the situation for those materials you need to look in the direction of SOE, they are part of this tier and because of the way they are doing things now they made that stuff obsolete in about 3 months, the materials for it need to be dropping in the current heroic and raid content if it did the supply would not be one that is constantly dwindling and the prices would be reasonable.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Wow some info here is way off!

The primes are drops from the Skyshrine raid zones (which these days are fairly easy to get in to with as little as 2 groups) OR the OLD ST (not the new one) which drops an Ancient Draconic Phylactery that has a chance of give a prime or legendary component, the legendary being the most common reward however upon examining it. There is also the Ancient Prime Draconic Phylactery which will always give a prime.

Adventure level 92 to enter the zone
    Anyone can loot the drop from dozekar, be careful it is NO-Trade so if they're not the crafter, better get started!;)
    Only a level 90+ crafter can get the questline
    The quest can be repeated on the same crafter and passed to other crafters or sold once the item is crafted and the quest completed.

As far as Gargamelscat's post, where do you get your info? :confused:
  13. Alarra Well-Known Member

I found one on the broker and it was a shocking 4k plat. Probably take me a month to accrue that much. So far planning the PuR at the moment as being a raid leader is different from being a participant. To beat Dozekar with current levels for a PuR do you recommend 2 groups or 3?
  14. Entangle New Member

So from that I can suppose that raid leaders by default have the superior discretion? The bottom line is, if they have no right to keep loot that should be rolled on, then the crafting mats should be viewed the same. I still cannot figure out why they're not. Right now, at this moment, there's a raid leader selling what looks like every single prime crafting mat from skyshrine that the entire guild had. It's just beyond wildly inexplicable to me that even when bad behavior is as obvious as the night is dark, there are people who still defend it.
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

It is up to YOU to decide if you want to be in a raid guild or not, in ANY reputable guild the loot rules are clearly defined, if they are not to your liking don't app to the guild, it isn't rocket science. In some guilds the crafting mats are rolled on as you say you would like find one of them. Your problem here is it "looks like" something to you when in fact it is quite possible, even far more likely that the materials that you speak of are being sold by the raid leader and will be put into a plat split that the entire raid benefits from, even people that had to sit because most raids carry more people than they need as a necessity for versatility, R/L events that cause people to not be able to make a raid from time to time. Doing it that way it is of benefit to everyone.

Look clearly you have a better way, or at least you are oblivious enough to think that you do and there is nothing stopping you from starting your own guild, your own raid force and you can do things however you want. Better yet why don't you go find some park to 'occupy' your kind isn't very hard to spot you know.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You seem to be under an assumption that the only way to get the prime materials is in a raid.
    A group can get a minimum of 2 and up to 6 primes (depending on the RNG gods when opening the 4 legendary phylactery)every 90 minutes in Sleepers Tome: The Awakening
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

You can also hunt several of the named mobs in Sleeper's Tomb contested which can drop the same phylactery. I've herd of people doing it in a duo, and done it in a 4 man group.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

hearsay (heard and not herd)
    I have cleared ST contested many times and never saw an ancient phylactery drop o_O
    I only get them from clear ST: The Awakening