How do you fix the zone instance you zone into from a house?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by msgnomer, Feb 17, 2014.

1. msgnomer Active Member

I've tried everything I can think of, but my house consistantly dumps me into Frostfang 2, and there is often only 1 other person in that zone and the Frostfang (1) zone doesn't even have all that many people.

I've tried going elsewhere and coming back in the Frostfang(1) zone and entering my house. However where I go to leave it still wants to dump me in Frostfang 2. I could live with it switching back and forth if it made sense, but I find being dumped in a completely deserted zone kind of a downer and makes me feel the game is deserted when it really isn't.

Anyone know how to fix this?
  2. msgnomer Active Member

I'm guessing this behavior is a shortcoming of the algorithm to distribute players. I say shortcoming, because when a game dumps you in a deserted second instance of a zone, it makes the game look like it's deserted, when it fact it's modestly populated.

It looks like if you are set to enter a secondary instance and there's at least one person in it, it puts you there rather than in the primary zone with a few more players. So far the only way I could figure out to get to a zone instance with people in it was to go to the world bell and select the instance.
  3. Lemilla Active Member

If you exit a house, it will always attempt to return you to the zone you came from when entering the house.

Have you tried switching to Frostfang 1, enter your house from the door, and exit again using the door of your house?
  4. suka Well-Known Member

no, it will send you to the least populated instance of that zone. if there are people in the first zone and less people in the second instance of it, it will send you to the second instance. when choosing to set up zone 1 and zone 2 to handle the population, they forgot to set up the housing to give you an option so it just dumps you. (although i have problems knowing which zone i am in unless i do a /who to see how many people are there.)
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've seen Frostfang 2 consistently for the past few months, no matter what time of the day I try to zone into FF, my only choice is always FF2. It's weird to me that FF1 is never available, and I mean never in the past couple of months. I even try right after the servers are up after an update and still FF2. It's strange.
  6. msgnomer Active Member

That makes sense and explans why to the player it seems a bit random. However, I think it is a faulty algorithm. If the population is currently low, so that there's 15 players in instance one and 1 player in instance 2, it's really no fun to be forced into an empty instance just to keep the instance alive. At some point players should be allowed into the primary instance and let the secondary instance fade away. Better yet, get rid of the instancing. :p
    suka likes this.