How do "Mystics" LOL-Pound other healer or other class'?

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-BALTO, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-BALTO Guest

seen a few posts saying how mystics trample on other healers...
    sure its not the gear doing the work?

won't touch PvP points i came across, seen as i wasnt around when it was "popular"
  2. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

your posts are terrible. when you say, the gear, you do realize that all healers have the same gear (relatively) this xpac? so, yes, gear is always doing the work that's how these games work. here is a parse from a couple months ago on a hardmode boss in kraytoc's.
    [IMG]

numbers pushing the 200's on fights like this now, and I regularly parse on average 50 to 75% more than the next closest healers (excluding my fellow mystic).
  3. ARCHIVED-Purcupile Guest

Forgive what may very well sound like a newbie question I have been away from the game for 2 1/2 years and have recently returned. During my absence some terms and spells changed and as a result I am constantly trying to figure out what people are referring to. Would you please explain the sources of: or better yet the sources of Mystic damage as I am assuming that "crush" is a compliation of all crush damage created by all of the group
    crush
    Avenging Ancestors
    Peace of Mind
    Hand of Death
    pierce
    Circle of the Ancients
    Wrath
    Spitfire
    I see other Mystic spells and no usage apparently are you only using a select few. What about your healing and warding? Or are you mostly a fighting Mystic?

Thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

Purcupile wrote:
    crush -- this is just my auto attack from my weapon (a 2handed hammer)
    Peace of Mind -- this is a temp buff that comes from chanters that procs additional damage on a successful hit
    Hand of Death -- this is an anashti blessing that procs additional damage on a successful hit
    pierce -- this is just the damage done from my dog's auto attack (bite)
    Circle of the Ancients -- this is the melee version of our AE that we've had since EOF
    Wrath -- this is a new damage spell that we acquired in sentinel's fate (all healers have it). It replaced our dumb spells we got from bloodline chronicles. It scales with level automatically.
    Spitfire -- this is a passive buff we can gain the Heroic (DoV) AA tree that does massive ae damage to a limited number of targets in area of effect.
    healing and warding is for defilers. the only mystic damage spells I don't use are all of them except wrath and master strike. that is because we use our melee line from EoF that is on the same recast timer as our spells, so you only use 1 or the other.