How do my skills work? - Berzerker

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Woofdand, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Woofdand New Member

I'm unsure how my fighting skills work. The chains and such don't make any sense to me. Can someone give me a simple rotation for a level 11? I'm just not able to make any sense out of anything and I'm barely able to kill level 6 monsters.
  2. Mimixx(2) Member

Just hit the skill that looks like a shield and u have won.
  3. Woofdand New Member

hehe oh. really though?
  4. Erszebeth Active Member

what server are you on, if your on AB, I'd be happy to help you out in game, but as I couldn't tell ya off hand whats what without actually being on my zerk to look at what i'm doing.
  5. Vlahkmaak Active Member

I am gonna assume you are being serious: if you were able to figure out how to post I would assume you can figure out the basics of combat. But,

The orange button with crossed swords is your auto attack - it forces you to swing what ever weapon you have equiped at your target. The default keybind for auto attack is the tilde key.

By level 11 you will have recieved a few CA (combat arts) and buffs. Combat arts do damge to your target and buffs BUFF you up. Both consumer a small amount of mana when used. Everytime you press a CA you will use up mana or power or whatever we are calling it these days.

Hovering your mouse over the CA will let you read what ti does. Target a mob hit it with an arrow (should be a target looking button I believe on the defualt UI) then hit a CA as it approaches. Watch your damage output. - you will want to start to learn to time your autto attacks in between CA rotations. Essentially you can get 2-3 CA off before your auto attack will go off again. As a melee class and tank your auto attack is a large part of your damage and your threat generation.

You can right click on the hot bar and open up 1-2 more and drag your icons to set them up. you can create macros to stack CA together and you can explore options to keybind everything too.
  6. Lygerr Active Member

ditto the mousover your abilities bit, if you don't read what everything does you won't know if you're just turning buffs on and off and wasting time by the mobs killing you while you do literally nothing to it.

everything labelled "self" or "group" or "ally" is either a permanent "until cancelled" or a temporary buff to help you or friends absorb some damage. the only thing to worry about at lower levels is damaging the mob, even your buffs will do little to nothing until much later in the game.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about heroic opportunities.