How do I get my ding back?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ardrek, Aug 28, 2013.

1. d1anaw Well-Known Member

This might win the award for dirtiest accidental title ;)

Hehe. You and I must be sharing a brain. I was so thinking, this could be oh so wrong.
  2. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Way to make my post about the issue awkward

Oh come on, it was pretty funny.
  3. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I can't get over how annoying this game is to play without the quest progress status and ding

I guess it must be the constant "ding" of cardiac monitors at work that make me turn my sound off at home.
  4. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Well odd question here the monitors actually beep right? If they are dinging isn't something really wrong?
    "Eh, just ignore that it will stop in a few minutes"

Hehe sorry d1 I knew what you meant just made me think of all the TV shows we see with medical issues where the monitors start dinging wildly as someone dies.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Didn't you get the writ complete popup where you have to click accept? That's the one thing that has been letting me know writ is done....well, barring missing feathers, too :)
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  6. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Well they do beep when someone's leads come off, if their HR goes up or down too much, if something is happening. On a medical floor, patients are often mobile, which means they their leads come off a LOT and it's really annoying. And they do beep loudly when something is really wrong too. I hear it in my sleep sometimes, haha. I don't keep the TV, radio or anything on until late afternoon or evening anymore. I used to all the time.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I was trying to get the last guild level, and was mass pulling like a mofo. At times, the only indication I had that I was done was the mobs didn't have feathers anymore.

side note: I did get that last guild level (solo.../flex). Thank goodness for double xp.
    Feara likes this.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Gratz!!
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If you want your revenge, just turn Fyreflyte into High Elf bacon and cook him up in the best dish ever: "Fish and Chips with High Elf Bacon Sauce!" (recipe is here!). As my book said: "This is the perfect dish if you have some extra Fyreflyte's bacon!"

/hugs around and disappears once more

Gratz
    Arielle Nightshade and Feara like this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

I asked a friend of mine that exact question about the crafting writs he was doing and he said he was watching the ball game so didn't notice the pop ups.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If I don't click my popup to receive my 27g it disappears under the crafting window. Then when I close the crafting window it's click OK to get 27g ad nauseam (depending on just how many writs I've completed, that is) :D
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I do click them, but basically to get them out of the way so I can see what I'm doing. I don't always pay attention to which writ has completed, since in Obol Plains it's possible to complete several in the same locations. So it's back to "Mobs don't have a feather" visual - without benefit of a ding.
  13. Smip New Member

Necroing this....as I just came back after a bit and noticed I no longer get things like You have a collection ready to turn in...or if it is a get X items off of creatures, I don't get the flash across the screen telling me I didn't fin the item in that kill etc.

So was this ever fixed or is there now an option to turn it on/off?
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

They haven't fixed the issue of not getting any notification (audio or text message) that a collection has been completed.
    Smip likes this.
  15. Rykus Member

You're right. I knew there was something still missing, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I've got a potential fix building on my workstation, now. I can't sneak it into the build/deployment for tomorrow, but I can get it scheduled for release in a "hotfix" over the next week or so.
    Smip, Airos and Sambril like this.