How do assassins heal themselves et. al?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-sirmorte, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-sirmorte Guest

I was thinking of starting an assassin. I have been playing a SK and Necro who are all good soloers and can heal themselves reasonably well.
    * Can assassins solo well?
    * How do they heal themselves, especially during combat?
    * Finally, how do they handle aggro with linked mobs?
  2. ARCHIVED-coochic Guest

~ IMO an Assassin can solo well, but i've been an assassin for many years. Don't expect to jump into an assassin and solo with the same style as with SK or necro. I don't know if they can solo mobs I can't solo, but I can tell you that it'll be WAY more work for me, as an assassin * ~ If you have enough AA's, which you will not for a while you can add a group heal proc to our death mark which is really good to do if you solo a lot. I solo in VP, and PR and SoH with it and win 90% of the time. But again, this is a proc and not a life tap or a heal that is guaranteed as soon as you press the button, not like SK or necro. * ~ We have no taunts, we are good at shedding aggro. We are good at grabbing aggro almost any time we want it. That being said, never expect to out parse even healers on big group fights, at least I never do and my AE auto isn't bad by any standards.
  3. ARCHIVED-sirmorte Guest

Thanks for the response,but how do they heal themselves? Are they very potion dependent?
  4. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Can't really heal yourself much during solo combat so kill all mobs ASAP. Use Touch of the Nightshade on tough fights. Could try using vitality breach poisons, too. Health regen potions help inbetween fights.
    Easiest way is to group with a healer or use a healer merc.
  5. ARCHIVED-coochic Guest

~Again, assassins DO NOT have any heals whatsoever. IF you get enough AA's you can grab "touch of the nightshade" which heals you, but you must be behind the target. * ~IF you get enough AA's you can add a group heal proc to your mark of death. * ~ So,.... assassins, for the most part, DO NOT heal themselves. You should not play an assassin, you will hate it, and die all the time.