How complex is beast lord?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Dec 11, 2019.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Ug, I can't believe after all these years they're still locking that class behind a paywall. Everything else of note from AoD has been packaged in elsewhere.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You can leave the boat early, you just have to right click the ships wheel and select it
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Feonah New Member

I made a Kerran BL when I restarted playing again as it was the nearest I could get to the Vah Shir BL I had originally. Really hope they consider bringing in an appearance change option if you're a Kerran questing in Luclin as you re-discover your heritage, but it's unlikely.
    As for this one, she's got 7 warders, Ursine ( Polar bear from Frostfang ), Canine (Black Wolf from CL), Feline ( Tiger came with the race chosen all level 6 Grandmaster ) and Reptile ( Chokidai from Timorous ), Avian ( Elder Hawk from TS ), Insect ( Orange beetle from CL), Bat ( Firelight Shriler from Nek Forest all level 5 Master. Tend to cycle each one to the next levelon a normal solo questing outing chamge to the higher levels like when we were fighting Dragons in the live event recently as they have more damage and one of them's got a nifty heal. Once she gets an exotic in the buch will look to change the pet but I haven't seen any I like as I haven't grouped much and only raided once on the live event for the dragons. I'd say that she's more fun than my main ( a 110 necro ) but my toons were mainly made to be TSers hence my merc of choice is the Fury/Pirate merc from the TS timeline. I really wish the one you can get from A Gathering Obsession was worth having so I could kill him repeatedly as he's an annoying little oik, but that defeats the purpose of a merc.
    Just want the expansion to allow the maxed TSers chance to finish the Norrath timelines before they go to the Planes. That's across all 9 crafters some of which need levelling so they can survive in the zones.
    Anyway it's all a bit of fun and I can chop and change between Adv and TS class as I fancy
  4. Tajar Well-Known Member

Beastlords are a GREAT class! They are so versatile, although most people play them as pure DPS class. I do too for the most part, but I also use her to tank Expert heroics if needed. Obviously the group/healer needs to be able to handle surviving the bulwarks, but I can keep myself alive against it with defensives available to spec into in AAs. You can spec to be quite sturdy without losing much DPS potential. And aside from not being able to cure (other than clickies), I can absolutely heal better than a merc. I have solo healed a Fabled Kael group with relative ease so long as we didn't pull more than four at a time.

While my BL is well geared now, most of the above is accomplished with careful speccing in AA's, and levelling all of the warders. Each warder when maxxed out will grant you a new Primal to use. There are a few that are pretty much useless, but most of them do serve a purpose at some point and some are must have's imo.

They can also do quite well in AoE fights, Luclin's Pain is often quite high on my parse and it can be reset 50% of the time.

Edit - This was not meant to be a brag, I simply wanted to highlight the class' versatility and that they can do well any all situations.