How come Everquest has so many....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thogul, May 19, 2016.

1. Hanokh Member

Possibly WORTS!
  2. suka Well-Known Member

well, at least you can now take a one way trip to Queen's colony and the one for freeport. if you go, find Kander and wave at him while he chats and says things like "rock on nostalgia".
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Thogul Member

Agreed. Some of the posts have gotten crazy. For all who really must know, the downtime was about two weeks. Not months, weeks. I was there for it, I was a paying member for it, and I was extremely happy when it was over. Now that it's settled, back to the stuff I wanted talked about in the first place.

I too remember when all of my stats meant something to each of my 'toons, and I too miss those days. Simplification is not always a good thing. I don't play WoW because it is painfully simplified, and I started to feel like EQII was reaching for some of the WoW player base (thought I cannot imagine why) with the choice to dumb down stat usage. It is one reason (aside from financial issues) that I let my membership lapse for a while. If wanted to play a "stupid simple" game, I would look for a "stupid simple" game I liked, and play it; but I don't. So please stop simplifying this game, development and production folks. Its complexity is what makes it great. From the beginning, EQII's greatest weakness has always been nothing more than being ahead of its time, and I think that dumbing it down just as the world starts to catch up with it is the worst possible idea.

Look, folks; the hardware and software to play this game in all its glory finally exist, so why kill it by undoing all of the best stuff now? I honestly believe that the best possible thing to happen to this game would be to roll back some of those simplifications, so that the game was more interesting again.

Now that I think of it, why not make a server for that? You know, a "Back to the good old days" server, where many of the lost mechanics players so loved could be recovered and enjoyed again. I think the population would be huge, and the renewed interest a huge boost to the player base.
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Well welcome back, welcome back, welcome back. I just have to say, because I'm an old dork, welcome back kotter. :D
    Jaden and Azian like this.
  5. Roror New Member

'Cause EQ1 is a fundamentally solid game in its simplicity, and EQ2 has been an over-complicated mess from the very beginning (like 100 abilities spread across a bunch of hot bars... no thanks). There's a reason the devs can't balance this game. It's also jokingly easy in comparison and much more cookie-cutter.
  6. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member