How can someone do these epic 2.0 heroic quests alone?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ist102951, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ist102951 New Member

So frustrating. I usually play alone or with a friend or two. Just started Warrior's call Volume1 - My character is no slouch, but can't beat most of what's in the Kralet Penumbra Tepid Depths Heroic Dungeon. Health is 6.3 Million, DPS is 900, Potency is 10,000. Only thing that is a little low is Resolve (184). Crit Bonus is 1.929%.
    Since my friends and I cant always get together, I'm working on the EPic 2.0 weapon quest on my own and now I see that's I can't do it alone. Not sure if I'm going to continue playing as I feel that I'm wasting my time.
    I understand that a lot of these dungeons are made for groups and that's fine, but when a quest line I need to do HAS to be done in a group, that really disappoints me.
  2. Alakazou Member

Epic 2.0 are not designed for soloers. It has always been like this. A lot of quests in this game requires group too.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The only way to do them alone is to wait several expansions.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Shmogre like this.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If I had tried to get my epic 1.0 when it was current, there is no way I would have been able to get it without a group. This is no different. Even epic repercussions would have been near impossible without a group if completed at level.

There is a lot of great solo gear to get in this expansion. For the epic, you will probably have to wait until next expansion or later in order to get it.
    Mermut and Shmogre like this.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

You solo heroic content the same way you solo raid content: by waiting 1-4 years for enough stat inflation to have the ONE of you represent the MANY people who are intended to be with you for that content.

It's pretty straightforward, really.
  6. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Tepid Depths is still pretty rough, since there are several mobs in there that one shot if they get their nukes off (and they come in packs so if you don't target and one shot the nuker you will be in bad shape). I was able to molo Submerged Lair or whatever it's called for my epic and could only get about halfway through TD molo. Partner up with a dps or healer and their mercs and you should be good though. The 3rd named is the hardest one in the zone so once he's done the rest is cake.

However, the fighter epic requires a LOT of current tier heroics, and will require 190-240 resolve. You will have to fight those because the clickies/updates can't come from a cleared zone anymore. You will not be able to solo your epic 2.0 right now, but maybe next expansion or two will bring enough stat inflation that it will be easier.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Is this your first MMO? MMOs are designed for groups. The quest line you say you "need" to do is designed to reward an item that is designed for the top end of the game. Appropriately, groups are required. If you want to get the upgraded version, a raid will be required. There is plenty of solo content in the game. The top end of the current expansion will never be solo content. If that upsets you or disappoints you, then maybe MMOs aren't for you.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

How come?
    I know mages epic is.
    Scouts epic have exactly 1 fight that do require group and 1 more that although soloable but kind of hard but with 2 ppl and 2 mercs its doable
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

You're like, totally contradicting yourself in your own post: "I understand that a lot of these dungeons are made for groups, and that's fine" .... and then you go on to say you're going to quit playing because you can't solo your Epic 2.0 questline. Obviously that's "not fine"...

Look, MANY people are in the same exact boat as you - where the people they used to play with no longer log in or have quit. You'll see them LFG for their epic 2.0 updates in /general chat too. So don't give up just yet. Be a little social. LFG for updates. Maybe tag along on someone else's 2.0 update or lend a hand that way...

Or you can quit because because you couldn't solo group content.

Lastly - the heroic mobs you'll encounter will have a resolve around 240, and have a bajillion hitpoints... and take 20 minutes to kill with a less than optimal 3 man / merc setup.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yep do something like that
    /auction WTB freshly cleared instances "x,y,z" 20k ea
    (Did work for me, I even got couple instance for free on the house :))
  11. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure no mage can solo xalgozian stronghold. Duo with a good healer if you're already OP with your epic? Sure. Pre-epic duo? Would be a lot more difficult, especially for the non summoner mages. Not to mention, the mob in the hidden special zone in whatever that place is called with the green and red locked doors is pretty hard, if not impossible to solo for most mages since they fixed the charm aspect of it.

So, none of the epics is soloable, though the fighter one will remain one of the more difficult because of the number of times heroic zones need to be potentially run.
    Xerikton and Shmogre like this.
  12. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

This has been nerfed - can't get updates from cleared zones anymore unless you were present for kills. Can thank people talking about doing that in front of devs on Discord for that fix. :)
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Really? since than?
    I completed my epic couple week ago and in that time to run via all heroics as a scout to simply click on some items was not a problem
  14. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

As of yesterday's patch. Ninja fixed, no notes.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well - its good than I have done my epic when I done it lol
    To bad for alts lol
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

Got to love those ninja fixes. :rolleyes:

Why on earth would the devs or anyone care if an update was gotten in a cleared zone? Every single class has to do at least one or two heroics for end boss kill - correct? I know as mage I had to go into Stronghold 2 times for update/kill - certainly was not a zone I could solo.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Off the record :)
    Scouts had SINGLE fight that did require group - killing golem in PoF and 1 more fight that actually better do not along - killing Grand Inquisitor (I duoed it with dirge) - everything else? - bleh, meh, lol - you could simply ask ppl to let you into either freshly cleared zone (purple shiny were active 15 minutes after zone clean up) or simply let you in empty zone (do some clicky in heroics)
  18. Derfel Active Member

You should consider joining a guild. Up until middle of last summer I was in a micro guild full of real life friends which was nice, but we lost a few, met some folks during the ethereal grind and would up taking our mains to a larger guild in a patch over (we left alts in the original so what we'd built together could continue). I can say with confidence that move was responsible for the fact that I'm swinging around my fabled epic atm. I've seen priests without that support spend days unsuccessfully trying to put together pick ups for the great divide and nizara stages. Guildies were quick to help me out at the heroic stages and I've run just about every heroic fight needed by the other archetypes several times. Find out which guild on your server fits your personality and introduce yourself, you may find it improves the game in lots of ways.
    HaphazardAllure and Jrox like this.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

This may be a good spot for a plug I guess. The guild I am in is very big on casual player support. While we do have a descent raid force, we have just as many if not more casuals. On raid nights, if casuals raided, we would have more than two raids worth of people on. Derfel is on the money with his post. Find a guild that supports casuals, and has the numbers, if that's what you are and you can attain your goals. I know we will even be helping casuals get their upgraded epics after the Main Raid force has been able to complete theirs. We already allow casuals to come in and loot T1 and T2 loot, not sure how many other guilds do that. Most sell loot rights for plats for raiders. We love our casuals because that means our guild chat is always hoppin and there is always someoen around to grp with. But that's how we roll. It's not always ice cream and cherry pie, but lots of good peeps and good times when your guild is never short on people no matter the time of day!
    HaphazardAllure and DoomDrake like this.