How can i pick a profession?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Hariken, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Hariken Member

OK my tradeskill is at 17. Where do i pick a Profession? I went back to my home zone but can't seem to pick a Profession. I raised all my tradeskilling at my guilds hall. So i went back to trainer but he won't give me anything at all.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You should have chosen between Scholar, Outfitter, or Craftsman at level 9. At level 19, you go back and talk to the same person that gave you the previous choice and select the class from the options that are available:
    • If you are a Scholar, then Sage, Jeweler, or Alchemist are your options.
    • If you are a Craftsman, then Carpenter, Provisioner, or Woodworker are your options.
    • If you are an Outfitter, then Armorer, Tailor, or Weaponsmith are your options.
    I hope that helps.
  3. Hariken Member

That where i think i messed up.I had joined a guild with a crafting hall and did it all there. I didn't talk to a trainer.
  4. Gudum Active Member

You had to have talked to a trainer (the same NPC that sells the essential manuals in the city crafting areas), or you would never be able to reach tradeskill level 10. The trainer will not offer you the choice of profession until you are level 19. When you reach 19, go to the trainer - the window will pop up to show you the tradeskill books, close that window so you can see the text that usually gets hidden behind it.
  5. Hariken Member

OK so get trade skill to level 19 then see a trainer.
  6. Zookeeper Active Member

You need to be at level 20 to choose your profession. If you do not like that as a crafting profession, you may change it, but you will have to start over.

If you want information on racial bonuses for class and tradeskill, you may refer to my post regarding racial bonuses to class and crafting.
    If you log into the forums, you can do a search, and one of the options is to search for posts by [ fill in name ] in the space at the top right of the red header bar on the forum page.
    You can type in Zookeeper for the name and look under the header, "Pure Newbie to Everquest."
    For your next character, you may want to match the race to the class and tradeskill that gives them the best racial bonuses for your upcoming alts. : )
    You will have alts...I'm pretty sure. Most here are certified Altaholics who try different races and classes to get more experience out of the game.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Wrong, he needs to be level 19. At 19, he can talk to the trainer, select a profession and will then be auto levelled to 20. It pays therefore to do this as soon he reaches 19. If he never talks to the trainer, he will be level locked at 19 and never reach 20.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Hariken Member

Ok i reached level 19 and talked to the trainer and got my Profession.
    Thanks for the replies all.