How can I change which UI installs when I log in?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Picard, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Picard New Member

I have installed another UI and have to type /loadui [name] each time I log in. Is there a way to change it so it auto-loads upon login?
    Sunlei likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I use the Fetish UI so this may not be the same for the UI yoiu are using, you have to find the file EQ2.ini in your games subdirectory and open it with notepad, to run fetish I add the lines
    cl_ui_subdir UI/
    cl_ui_skinname Fetish 12.9
    to the ini file and it runs fetish on startup
    Not sure what it would look like to run Darkui, and I only say that cause I think most people run it
    You will also have to set your folders on your computer to show all file extensions while you are modifying it

Hope that helps and leads you in the right direction
    Oh, one other thing, make sure you save a copy of your original EQ2.ini file to somewhere safe like your desktop in case you bork something up, it will be far easier to set it back to normal
    Breanna, Sunlei and Picard like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes. You must look in your EQ2 directory and find the file eq2.ini

If you don't have that file, use Notepad to make one,just make sure it doesn't save it with a .TXT extension.

Your eq2.ini file needs the following lines:
    cl_ui_skinname DarqUI_v3
    cl_ui_subdir UI/

Where I have "DarqUI_v3" above, replace that with hte name of the custom UI you are using. Then save the file, doublecheck that the complete filname is indeed eq2.ini and then start up the game.
    Breanna, Sunlei and Picard like this.