How about an update?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-dajokster, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

When AoD was release SJ said something about expect it a week or so late(that being the revamped eq2players). So since its been about a week or so since AoD and we haven't gotten the revamp yet, can we get an update or will that be pushed back more like our GUs?
  2. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

Xenxex@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm starting to think that there was no release planned anytime soon... I can't remember the last time EQ2Players was even half working, at least now instead of broken pages we get "Coming soon!" and access to an API. I guess just wait until a decent site builds something from it? Maybe Magelo will do something with it?
  3. ARCHIVED-Calabeth Guest

Because he took lesson from Smedley on how to promise something we want then renig on that after getting our hopes up. ALL while they release MASS Loads of additional stuff on the SC store.

They also have a penchant for staying silent and then "surprise" look what we came out with 6 years late and updated to standards from 4 yrs ago, not quite what you wanted. But Hey it's new, praise us then slide in even more stuff on the side for SC.
  4. ARCHIVED-saneng23 Guest

Betcha it won't be till nov or dec of 2012 before we even see it.
  5. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

saneng23 wrote:
    If we see it..Kind of funny how we keep getting releases on the marketplace without the tiniest hint of it slowing. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if at least 60% of their forces are geared towards the marketplace..
  6. ARCHIVED-Calabeth Guest

Wow you give it a better ration then I figured. I thought it was more 90% Market place with attention fromthe whole team. with only 9.99% of their time used towards the actual game stuff. Now that leaves the .01% for eq2players.com work by 1 person with 5 minutes of attention a week and ONLY on their break time so if it gets skipped no harm no foul. I mean come on it's only eq2players.com they can afford to skip work on it for months and still claim progress.
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Nerolathe@Butcherblock wrote:
    The best you're hoping for is a 3rd party pay site like Magelo?
    Some of us have been working on our sites for months...
    *sits on hands and whistles*
  8. ARCHIVED-Chimes Guest

So this site has been taken down? I couldn't find any info anywhere on the eq2players site. I can't find any information on my characters on another account that I haven't accessed in a couple of years.
  9. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Ah! I'm sorry :( I didn't know anybody who was working on a site, although I did hear about some people working with the API. I just remember a few years ago being bored on the interwebs stumbling across magelo and seen that it said they were working on implementing EQ2 services..
    Anyways:
    Chimes wrote:
    EQ2Players was taken down a good few months ago IIRC. Supposedly they were going to have a new site on release of AoD, but then we were told it'd be a few more weeks and I haven't heard anything since then. It's kind of the reason we're complaining...lol
  10. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Hey, it's only 2 months late... =p
  11. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Nerolathe@Butcherblock wrote:
    There are some 21 different individuals or fan sites working on EQ2 API-powered websites. The data is real and it rocks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    This ^
    It is an incredible piece of work, user input has shaped it and suggestions and tweaks continue, and what will come of it will make you laugh at what you could get from the old eq2players.
    I've played around a good bit with it, can't wait until I see what you have whipped up.
  13. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

I've longed for Magelo for EQ2 since I swapped over to EQ2 full time in Feb 2006. Feldon, what exactly is the section of your site called that is comparable to Magelo's character profiles?
  14. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Since EQ2Players is still MIA with no hint of even an ETA, I've started implementing a character viewer in RosterMaster. Next version will let you see the goodies such as the paperdoll, stats, list of earned achievements, known languages, owned houses, etc...