How About A Little Channeler Help Devs?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ZUES, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

the thing you need to know is most people in level chat are trolling. like when people say raiding is too hard or that rangers are unused. it's all jokes that some people can't understand
    and channeler does make heals for others easier in the same basis that tanks make healing easier for healers with stoneskins. it's just more consistent with channelers and scales. why would a channeler be able to solo heal a raid force?

as for dps. they are just like any other healer really, which is a healer that can dps.
    I beta buffed one in garbage doing 500k easy. but that isn't that great really since 500k is the new 100k. but that was a 10 min overview and just reforged items. I am sure people that are actually playing one can push around 1 mil in raids. you just have to understand that most of your dps will come from dissonance abilities. similar to how most of a BL dps comes from their savagery abilities

if your pot was only reaching 250ish at 95 in normal quest/group zone gear, than you are clearly just picking the wrong gear. obviously picking the ones that only have CB and not pot on it. cause even in quest/group zone gear you should be reaching around 400 pot no problem.
    should be doing more than 100k from auto attacks alone. with 400 cb/pot and 600 dps etc, normal stats.
    if you did an epic dummy of just auto attacks it should be around 300k at the very least
  2. mouser Well-Known Member

I just rolled a channeler and I'll admit I'm a bit overwhelmed (mostly in a good way) looking at all the AA possibilities. Attacks that I'd actually want to put more than 2 points in on the first page? Very cool. I can see this being the 'whatever you want it to be' class, which means it will take a lot of skill and practice to make 'whatever you want it to be' work to its best potential, but that's a lot of the fun of the game. With the right AA's and gear I can see this being close to 'a ranger that heals' - or you can go the other way and be a healer with some ranged DPS (and healing by shooting arrows? how cool is that? I haven't seen anything that since a mod for Baldur's Gate - healing arrows did normal 1d6 damage, and if the target lived then healed for 20 points).

What I think is missing though is a lot of the very basic information about the class. Like WTH is dissonance and why do I want to get rid of it? (forgive me if that's a very noob question, my main is a Guardian, and I don't play healers much). I've still got to play around with the soul sucking essence thing and figure out what that actually does too.
    daicia likes this.
  3. Ajos Member

My issues realy are the lack of info. Theres nothing on wiki or zam about the channeler , I was trying to find class specific quests like the beastlord got. I just feel a little shorted in general on the class but I do realy like it.
  4. Balbasur Active Member

my suggesting is just pl one up to 55, should have really gave poison bolt at lvl 30 and interpose direct at lvl 20.
  5. Balbasur Active Member

^ would have taught new channels the importants of watching the Dissonence bar too.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

Also, why is the group intercepts an AA line you have to go down, that is dumb. All other 6 healers get there defining group heal(group ward, group hot, group reactives) via xp at lvl 12....
  7. The Jones Active Member

Good question. I don't understand this either.