Houses/Guild Halls slow to fully render

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Equinox231, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Equinox231 Guest

Lately I have been having an increasingly wearing issue. It seems to only affect the guild hall for my guild and my New Halas Magical Manor. It takes longer for them to fully render all the house items once I enter them. For example, in our guild hall, one of the side room doors is covered by a tapestry. When I step through, the room items nearest to me are rendered, but all the other items hesitate for a second or two before they start to drop in, one at a time over the course of 4-6 seconds or so. If I step past that room into another, the same thing will occur, even with it being a smaller room. In fact, sometimes I have to walk all the way to the far end before it will start to render those items. If I return to the previous room, it again has to render all the items. In the Halas house I am working on, I have built an external structure, and when I teleport back to the main house, sometimes it can take 10-20 seconds for the contents of the decorated rooms to appear, or the main door for the house.
    At the moment, I have a large number of items in my Tenebrous Island house, and this issue does not occur, all items are laid out. Most of my other houses only contain portal objects, and I have not seen this issue occur there, but that's not a fair assessment given that those spaces aren't decorated. This does not seem to affect houses I visit through the Housing Leaderboards either, those are fully rendered when I enter, including other Halas houses.
    Would this be a corruption issue with the housing files for the guild hall and my Halas house? Or is it a system error somewhere with my video system? Any advice would be great.

System:
    MacBook Pro 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Win7 Professional 64-bit
    Nvidia integrated video card, 512mb vid memory
    8gb ram

Thanks very much!
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Equinox231 wrote:
    Unfortuantely, EverQuest II is not supported on Macs. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  3. ARCHIVED-Equinox231 Guest

I'm playing on a windows install on the Mac machine, not in a Mac software environment. The reason I am asking about this issue is that it is recent. I've been playing on the PC side of my machine for the last 2 years, and only within the last few months has this problem started to occur. Since it was working fine before, and the only change I have made to my machine (6 months before any issue started) was to double the RAM, I have to assume something has changed. Whether it means I need to do a thorough file check of the EQ2 software or what, I don't know, looking for some assistance.

If this was a purely windows machine with all those specs, what would the recommended solution be?
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Equinox231 wrote:
    I would first check to make sure I am playing through the fully downloaded version (not the streaming version). If that's not the case, then I'd suggest checking your connection. If you're not already doing this, I'd recommend bypassing the router and plugging directly into the modem. Please let me know if this helps!