House rent

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by cadio, Nov 13, 2012.

1. cadio New Member

Could you please set up some way that we can pay our rents from one spot instead of running/porting to all the houses.

Even add trustee rent option so we can pay our alts rent.
    (note on alts - please make it so each toon on our accounts have instant trustee access to each house)

You could add it to the guild portal or inventory housing window.

You want us to have up to 20 houses, so help us pay the rents.
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure we already can pay rent if we are a trustee.
    (Only from the door of the property we are paying the rent for though.)

Auto-trustee for alts sounds great!
    Paying rent at the bank (just like in RL) sounds useful but not vital.
    (You do know you can pay 12 weeks in advance?)
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

If you let the rent run out, and visit a guild hall housing portal, when you go to enter, it will prompt you to pay the rent. You can pay it, and then not enter. Rinse and repeat for all the houses you have trustee access to. But for this to work your rent has to be expired, otherwise, you go into the house.
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to pay random person's rent. It's very annoying when someone lists something for sale that costs dozens of plat.... to find that they havent paid their rent (and the broker didnt reflect that). I'd happily pay the 5 silver for them...

Or we could just get rid of non-status house rent. It's not like that amount of money is significant.
    Jazabelle and Faliz like this.
  5. Afista Well-Known Member

I'd much rather they jsut remove the house upkeep all together. It's minimal and really unnecessary since it doesn't take much money out of the economy. If there was a higher buy-out option, I'd gladly pay it. Most of the time I just forget about upkeep on the normal places since so many homes are prestige now and don't have upkeep anyways.
    Darkmoogle, Catbriar, Senya and 2 others like this.
  6. Kokorobosoi Active Member

I would pay a higher buy out option.
    Faliz likes this.
  7. Caela Well-Known Member

I agree that rent is an outdated mechanic and should go away. It's just annoying at this point.
    Faliz likes this.
  8. Elostirion Well-Known Member

You mean pay more upfront for the house and make it non-recurring rent? That works for me too.
  9. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Yes the portal to housing is how I have been paying rent for my secondary and alt housing. It's quite convenient
  10. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

I like the first method, you can pay my rent anytime. My vendor alt is just that a vendor alt that only gets logged on from the GH when I have a full mailbox and I have to transfer to the point, I think I paid the rent on the house sometime last year or maybe it was the year before
  11. Faliz Member

I too like the idea of being able to purchase the house for a larger upfront cost and not having to pay rent on it. With the ability to own so many homes now and with the large number of different items from crafting and questing we can put in our homes now it would be nice.

Now off topic where's my house thats based on the old trade skill socities, either Qeynos or Freeport works for me!
  12. Slipshod Active Member

Prestige housing: no rent
  13. Faelynn Active Member

Doing away with rent entirely would be nice - but then again that's one of the perks of the Prestige homes, so I doubt they'll go taking that away anytime soon.

Here's a thought though. Since this is all going microtransaction-based... why not offer items for SC that grant the perks of Prestige homes to a non-prestige home. Namely:

- Make the home rent-free
    - Ability to get a Portal to that home

I'd suggest like 300 SC per home for each of these, or bundle both together for 500 SC. I'd totally buy that in a heartbeat for my favorite non-prestige homes...
  14. Faliz Member

This is something I would definitely be using SC for if were an option. While I understand prestige housing; I just honestly like the way some of the original housing looks and feels. The only prestige house I want is a Legends 5 Bedroom Home from LoN and my constant luck has been good at preventing me from obtaining such.
  15. Slipshod Active Member

I myself would pay $ to be able to change the wall paper in any house i own. And with 24 toons on this account alone - thats a LOT of houses...
  16. mouser Well-Known Member

I gave up on having toons with more than one house (well, except for Maj'dul). I've got I think 17 toons on one server, so that's more than enough to have one of everything I want. Don't have all the prestige houses I want, but that's cool, I'll get there.

Auto-trustee access would be awesome! That would save a bunch of time and aggravation.

As for removing rent - don't underestimate the amount of gold the 'small' fees take out of the game. It's like travel in WoW - when you first start playing (especially on a new server), you feel them for a while, after that, it seems like nothing. But it's nothing that keeps getting paid by a lot of players every day - and that adds up.

Personally, I'd love to see the fees come back for using the 'bells'. Even if we don't have to see the harbor master to buy a ticket, that was a another great way to siphon money out of the world.
  17. Senya Well-Known Member

It takes less than 4p to pay rent on the largest Kelethin/Halas/Neriak/Gorowyn houses for an entire year.
    It takes less than 11p to pay rent on the largest Qeynos/FP house for a year.

Personally, I'd much rather pay 20p for Kelethin/Halas/Neriak/Gorowyn or 50p for a Qeynos/Freeport house up front rather than pay it out as weekly rent. That's the equivalent of about 5 years worth of rent if during that time I actually remembered to pay rent every single week.
    Afista likes this.
  18. Endara Member

What I would like to see is for rent to be increased so that it's actually a significant gold sink (except on the starter 2 room houses), but then give us a way to mitigate it by adding rent coin reduction to house items that already have status reduction. So for example, a house item with 1000 status reduction could get maybe 2% coin reduction.
  19. cadio New Member

Besides the Auto-trustee for alts and the buy-out option, a button to pay rent in full instead of click per week would also be nice.
  20. Jalek Active Member

There's the 4 year veteran reward for 25%, I thought there were already furniture items, but I guess it's all status reduction.