House item limit

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Redlight, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Hi all is the purchased expander the only way to increase the item count of a house by an extra 200? from screen shots it used to have stacked with the crafted 100 ones but looking at it in the SC store that desription has changed now, I need that extra !!!.
    Gnoma'
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

The store 200 expander stacks with the crafted 100 which will give you an extra 300 slots.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

Thank you for you help, very kind.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If memory serves, though, don't you need to put down the 100 first, and add the 200 to it? When I tried the other way around awhile back, it wouldn't count the 100 later and I was "stuck" with just another 200 slots, rather than 300. :(

Also, for whatever unfathomable reason, the Marketplace 100 slots DON'T stack with the Marketplace 200 slots. No idea why. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The order you use the 100 crafted and the 200 marketplace expander doesn't matter. Just cannot use the 100 marketplace and the 200 marketplace one on same house.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! That might have been where I messed up; using two Marketplace ones. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

I added a SC expander and now the limit is 1200! not sure why there is a limit anyway but there probaby is a sound reason.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I thought you had to use the 100 crafted before using the 200 marketplace as well.

There is a limit because some people figured out a way to overstuff houses and people entering them were lagging out and could not even exit the house. I believe people here said they actually lost their character and could not get it back by zoning into these overstuffed houses completely unaware, think there is a thread in this forum about it from about a year ago.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There were times I couldn't get in to places from the front door, including any guild halls I was in or even my own biggest house, which a good friend (who'd gotten me into EQ2 in the first place) had beautifully deco'd for me. :(

Frankly, I blame the Art Dept. for insisting on bigger/better/latest/greatest/etc. technology for their masterpieces, but I also recall a ton of memory loss, even though the Powers said that didn't happen (um...). ;)

Personally, I never had an issue with being able to leave an area once I got in; the game was more than happy to kick me to the curb. ;->

Uwk
    who's done all right so far for the last few years with Win7 Home Edition ;->
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Eradani Well-Known Member

it Used to be the case that you had to use the 100 crafted before the 200 marketplace but sometime in the near past it was changed so the crafted and marketplace just stack
    Katz, Breanna, elflover and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its nice to learn new things. I never would have tried to use these in any other order for fear of not being able to use one or the other. Thank you Eradani.
  12. Sagedust Member

There's a recipe in Jarsath Wastes that you can get using the hourglass (can't remember the actual name) for a Sage to craft a 100 item count housing expander that you could probably use on top of the ones that you can buy from the DB store. My Sage has the recipe and comes very handy to add that extra space.
  13. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Check the broker for "Dimensional pocket expander " that is the name of the player made item expander for houses .
  14. Redlight Well-Known Member

I have come to the conclusion that a limit of 1200 items will make me sad :( working on my Precipice house with its large distinct areas and with 3 days before the new Xpac launches i am at 965/1200 and with all the ideas in my head looks like I will get sucked in to do another project!!.

On a side note I have found that the decorator/crafting community on HoF to be friendly and helpful and a special mention to Cosmi for a crash decorating course over the last 2 weeks.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely, yeah. They give us these ginormous prestige houses and not nearly enough item slots, even with the Building Block separate count, to be able to do them justice. I could probably skate by, since I don't do a lot of re-skinning, but I'm sure a lot of other folks tear their hair out on regular bases. :(

And yep, HoF is awesome! As is Cosmi. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think with all the items that are stackable now not taking up as much database space, they could comfortably add 200-500 more items to our prestige home item counts. I also think they should add another 50 slots to the mount window and let us have another 10-20 prestige homes as I buy almost all of the new ones they add and I wont buy any more now because I hit the limit of 25 and will not relinquish one prestige home to buy a different one.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you on that item count increase; I wonder how heavily it weighs on their servers now to have all the prestige home slot minimums (including the li'l dinky ones, like the Personal Dojo) at 900? I don't think kicking it up a bit more would kill anything, other than maybe older computers trying to get in...though my Win7 Home Edition hasn't had any substantial issues with that at all (I've been more frequently booted to Character Select going into a New Halas 2-room with 10 items or less in it recently than a full big prestige place).

I personally am not too concerned about the mount slots; I know, though, that I don't have a lot at all per toon, and have bought like two off the Marketplace for my entire Horde. YMMV. ;->

And yeah, if a prestige place costs, say, $13, and it only costs them $10 or less to find server space for it, why should we be limited on how many prestige places we could have? Why should we have to give up something we already paid good money on? I personally wouldn't mind being limited to 3-4 "free" places (free as far as RL currency goes; one for each city of my alignment and wiggle room, like for a Qeynos Harbor place, for example) if the prestige count was either unlimited or greatly increased.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.