House Gray Crypt

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Taysa, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Taysa Well-Known Member

Deep within the cavernous City of Hate sits the home of House Gray. Following the untimely and suspicious demise of the Lords D`Varre, the estate was handed off to the only surviving heir. Together, Arethel Gray with his wife Taysa, renovated the long neglected crypt below the manor, giving their ancestors a proper final resting place.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Name: House Gray Crypt
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Housing Leaderboards: Yes (Massive Homes)
    Designer: Taysa
    Co-Designer: Dolthaic

Part of the ever-growing roleplay story surrounding my main character Taysa was the acquirement of her now-husband's family estate, and beneath it, a family crypt. Item count prevented me from doing the actual crypt in the Neriak breakout, so I set out to create a crypt in a different space.

I originally chose the Secluded Sanctum, but the space proved horribly buggy. Items were constantly disappearing, especially around the entrance, and the fact that the Sanctum itself didn't sit on exact N/S angles proved difficult. Luckily, with the help of an extremely understanding CSR, I was able to get a refund on it and with it, purchased the Storm Tower Isle.

The Storm Tower Isle worked perfectly. I didn't want to use teleport pads, as a personal preference. I feel they break immersion and only use them when absolutely necessary for breakouts. All in all, the entire project took me only a week (I was feeling highly creative that week for some reason) and was the first project I did using the N/S/E/W buttons on layout editor. Previously, I had zero idea how to use them, but my good friend Dolthaic was patient enough to show me.

All of this is my own design and creation, with the exception of the domed ceiling in the main room. Dolthaic was kind enough to use the circle tool to do it for me. While he explained how it was done, I had forgotten 5 minutes later, but he was kind enough to do it and be that person to sit there and listen to me whine about how this wasn't working or that, and offering me feedback and advice.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

Just stopped by for a visit. You did a great job on this Crypt! I loved the center area with the spirits. Nice work :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Very nice! I love the archways!
  4. Alanducar Active Member

This home is gorgeous. What interests me a lot is the way you made the archways in each room. I am trying to figure that out so i can do designs similarly in the future. Any insight on how to do that succesfully? Do i need to work with layout editor to get something like that done or can i do it by hand? I find that i like to use the editor but at the same time i feel more accomplished when working without it. I would love to know the secret though because that design has always intrigued me :)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could be something related to the Circle tool in Layout Editor? o_O

I wouldn't mind knowing how to do that, too, or that wonderful Asian semi-circular bridge over the Hua Mein river that someone else made...and then, there's always Domes... :)

Uwk
  6. Taysa Well-Known Member

Nope not related to the circle tool.

The arches were created with the layout editor, as this home was created and finished before pitch and roll were added to the ingame editor. Each archway was created using the Stone of Adoration Tall Dividers (the narrow ones) and each side of the archway took 3 dividers (the "base" is just a regular wall). For archways, editing the pitch (x) is how you create that effect. I used 25 & 44.9, but you can play with the values to create your desired effect. To mirror it for the opposite side, you just change the values to negatives . ( -25 & -44.9)

A lot of it really was just trial and error until something looked nice.

Thanks for the compliments :)
  7. Deadly Decorator Active Member

I went and saw this house. Absolutely beautiful! And so clean! What a lovely job!
  8. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I just took a tour, this is very nice! Love the textures and archways!