House Deco Challenge - Reignite the Magic {Video Tours}

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Intro

All videos have been posted below.

Winners

Everyone did an amazing job!!! I loved all the houses so much!!! It was just too hard for me to pick a winner. I also made everyone wait so long for videos and winner announcements. I have decided to change how many people get a prize. Here is the original post for this event. There were 20 house (16 decorators) submissions total. Hope everyone will be happy with the prize change (upgrade for everyone!)

I have decided to give each decorator the winning prize of pick one item on Marketplace worth up to 500 station cash. There is a home depot on Marketplace under New that is 450 sc and you can place as many as you want into your house! There are still the recipes or you can pick one item worth up to 500 sc. In addition to that, Shirrlea on Halls of Fate donated 10 million plat and a LoN item for prizes on Halls of Fate!!! I decided to add to that for every server. Each House submission will also get 5 million plat plus 1 random LoN item. I requested your participate prize from Daybreak not sure when they will be sent out.

Please send in game mail to Antonia_Bayle.Ocarinah with your one marketplace selection. If you are free to play, you can email me or send message through forums or even post below. Please allow me extra time to get items to you since I can only gift two items per day.

Thank you all for participating!!! And HUGE thank you to Shirrlea!!!!!!
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Frostfell Theme

Title: SSHHS2021 Frostfell Retreat by Aelissa
    Decorator(s): Aelissa
    Owner: Kayylith
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Address: Snowy Dwelling, Qeynos
    Category: Hall of Fame / Massive Homes
    Event: House Deco Challenge - Reignite the Magic
    Theme: Frostfell

Title: Hearths & Hearts of Frostfell
    Decorator(s): Antrellian Lochlorelei
    Owner: Antrellian
    Address: Manors of Erollisi, New Halas
    Category: Not Published

Title: Frostfell Camping Trip by Chickpea
    Decorator(s): Chickpea
    Owner: Briarose
    Server: Maj'Dul
    Address: Valor Homesteads, New Halas

Title: Reignite the Magic (FF Right of Way)
    Decorator(s): Vdova
    Owner: Vdova
    Server: Halls of Fate
    Address: Snowy Dwelling, Freeport

3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Frostfell Theme

Title: Icy Grove of Faerie
    Decorator(s): Nicholl
    Owner: Nicholl
    Server: Thurgadin
    Address: Snowy Dwelling, Qeynos

Title: The Nightmare before Frostfell,Part 3
    Decorator(s): Edriliane
    Owner: Talysker
    Address: Shar Vahl, Qeynos
    Category: Massive Homes

4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Night of the Dead Theme

Title: Murrpau's Estate
    Decorator(s): Murrpau
    Owner: Murrpau
    Address: Mistmoore Crags Estate, Freeport
    Theme: Night of the Dead

Title: 669 Spooks Way (TOT17) ~ By Devilkiss
    Decorator(s): Devilkiss
    Owner: Wizette
    Address: Lavastorm Winter Retreat, Qeynos
    Category: Hall of Fame

Title: ~ Frightful Love @ Castle Vacrul ~
    Decorator(s): Malachy
    Owner: Malachy
    Address: Vacrul Castle, Freeport
    Category: Massive Homes

Title: Chloe's Halloween party by Chickpea
    Decorator(s): Chickpea
    Owner: Chickpea
    Address: Jade Tigers Den Suite 01, Freeport

Title: NotDIY_2020 Banshee's Bellows Revamped
    Decorator(s): Wisty
    Owner: Wisty
    Address: Valor Homesteads, New Halas
    Category: Small Homes / Hall of Fame

5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Night of the Dead Theme

Title: Crazy's Halloween Dream
    Decorator(s): Vefreyja
    Owner: Vefreyja
    Address: Everfrost Summer Home, Freeport

Title: LToDE By: Lunarosa (Warning: Spooky)
    Decorator(s): Lunarosa
    Owner: Assassinsynper
    Server: Skyfire
    Address: 3 Walk of the Dead, Neriak

Title: The Nightmare before Frostfell,Part 1
    Owner: Kharnac
    Address: Shar Vahl, Qeynos
    Category: Massive Homes / Hall of Fame

6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Scary Xmas Theme

Title: Cloak and Shadows - Longshadow Alley
    Decorator(s): Nemnis
    Owner: N/A
    Address: Qeynos T2 Guild Hall
    Category: N/A
    Theme: Scary Xmas

Title: Sinister Super Sanctuary-SSHHS18 by DK
    Decorator(s): Devilkiss
    Owner: Frostfelled
    Address: Uncanny Estate, Qeynos

Title: A Freeport Frostfell ~ By: Tymistik
    Decorator(s): Scabberss
    Owner: Aerowynne
    Address: Jade Tiger's Den Comfort Suite 08, Freeport

Title: A Warlock's Frostfell ~ By: Sphinx
    Decorator(s): Sphinx
    Owner: Trinitea
    Address: Jade Tiger's Den Comfort Suite 04, Freeport

Title: The Nightmare before Frostfell,Part 2
    Owner: Dorn
    Address: Skyblade Skiff, Freeport
    Category: Medium Homes

7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Save for missing houses
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fixed mine! Sorry for the confusion! :)

Uwk
    Aelissa and Breanna like this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

All videos have been uploaded and posted here. I will be announcing winners soon. There is someone that wants to donate plat as a prize so might have more prizes for this event or for future event.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Winners

Everyone did an amazing job!!! I loved all the houses so much!!! It was just too hard for me to pick a winner. I also made everyone wait so long for videos and winner announcements. I have decided to change how many people get a prize. Here is the original post for this event. There were 20 house (16 decorators) submissions total. Hope everyone will be happy with the prize change (upgrade for everyone!)

I have decided to give each decorator the winning prize of pick one item on Marketplace worth up to 500 station cash. There is a home depot on Marketplace under New that is 450 sc and you can place as many as you want into your house! There are still the recipes or you can pick one item worth up to 500 sc. In addition to that, Shirrlea on Halls of Fate donated 10 million plat and a LoN item for prizes on Halls of Fate!!! I decided to add to that for every server. Each House submission will also get 5 million plat plus 1 random LoN item. I requested your participate prize from Daybreak not sure when they will be sent out.

Please send in game mail to Antonia_Bayle.Ocarinah with your one marketplace selection. If you are free to play, you can email me or send message through forums or even post below. Please allow me extra time to get items to you since I can only gift two items per day.

Thank you all for participating!!! And HUGE thank you to Shirrlea!!!!!!
  11. Edriliane Active Member

Congrats to everybody ! And thank you Oaky for hosting all these wonderful events :D.

I cannot send in-game mail, how do I contact you otherwise ?
  12. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Oaky! I'm having a blast watching all the videos. You're right, everyone did an amazing job! This was such a fun and relaxing contest. Thank you again for putting it together :)
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I had so much fun touring everyone's houses and I really want people to have a no stress way to participate. Have to figure out what sort of event to do this year.

If you are free to play, you can email me or send message through forums or even post below.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Chickpea and Nicholl your mailboxes are full so I couldn't send coin and LoN item. Please let me know when your mailbox has room. Thanks!
  15. Aelissa Well-Known Member

wow! congratulations all, thank you Oaky <3
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only thing you missed on mine was that I thought I was being clever (well, l outright lifted it from Jex's design ;->) by "framing" the Letter from the tradeskill society with a Neriak sign, which had the whole left-door sign of the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space; it just looks like a Police Public Call Box from Britain [where the term "scarpered" comes from; I was paraphrasing from an actual episode there with Grandpa ;->], but it's actually a spaceship and time machine and bigger on the inside) from Doctor Who written on it:

POLICE TELEPHONE
    FREE
    FOR USE OF
    PUBLIC
    ADVICE & ASSISTANCE
    OBTAINABLE IMMEDIATELY
    OFFICER & CARS
    RESPOND TO ALL CALLS
    PULL TO OPEN

The place where the Letter and Neriak sign were actually had hinges and a small door handle on it, vs. the larger door handle on the right-hand door, and something that looks like a circular symbol for St. John's Ambulance Service, which at various times would also respond to the public calls in real life. Sometimes the Doctor's TARDISes would have that symbol on the door, sometimes not, but in no case would using the phone inside the little door actually get you the police...it might get you to the Doctor, if he/she gives you the phone number. ;-> There's also a key (A Lost Key from that Overrealm quest) in the keyhole for the big right-hand door, so the Doctor had better hope none of the Trolls find that... ;->

And I placed all the books spelling out POLICE BOX by hand. There's 112 of The Varsoon Collection, Volume 1...I counted... X-P The "Public Call" part in the middle is only approximated by three White Pawns in various directions. ;-> I'm not sure what happened to the white "windows" of the TARDIS on the inside of the house; I've never been able to fix that. :(

The TARDIS "crashed"/materialized in the wall (which is why it's in mid-air), yep, and that's what happened to the poor portable Frostfell "tree" (it's made up of logs and bushes, so you can set it up wherever you wind up on your vacation. It's not really "artificial," but it's not a pine tree ;->).

The Frostfell/Christmas crackers are a thing from Britain as well. Basically, cardboard tubes wrapped up in wrapping paper and tied shut with ribbon on the ends; you share them between friends with each person holding on one end, like splitting the wishbone here at Thanksgiving. I think there's also a little "explosive" thing like the ribbon of caps from a cap gun that makes a little "pop" sound when you pull hard on the ends. Whoever winds up with the big end gets the li'l tissue paper "crown" inside and first pick of the other goodies, usually cheap li'l plastic toys (or tin, back in the old days), and there's often a joke inside, about the level of Dad Jokes, usually. ;-> They're great fun for young or old, and Tolkien mentioned them in the birthday party for Bilbo at the start of the Fellowship of the Ring book; those had wonderful things inside, like real working miniature musical instruments. :D Oh, and there was a small, brief blink-and-miss-it bit at a "Harry Potter and the Weasleys' Christmas Feast" scene in one of the movies ("The Half-Blood Prince"); I think the Twins were sharing one while they were standing up (often people do the crackers while sitting so the li'l things drop on the table or laps, not on the floor, but that was a joke one with just a spring in it ;->). :)

Uwk
    who's working on an "inside the TARDIS console room" for my Twelfth Doctor toon on Public Test, built in the Mistmoore Crags Estate...that's an approximation of how much bigger on the inside TARDISes are :)
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I take it back; there was one other thing you missed...the outhouse! It was a bit far down along the beach, east of the house (path is lit by the Pristine Indium Brazier), but at least it had two seats... :D

The thing that drives me crazy about the Snowy Dwelling is it seems some things aren't really visible until you're like right on them; other things can be seen at quite a distance away. It's weird, and occasionally aggravating. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Title: Crazy's Halloween Dream
    Decorator(s): Vefreyja
    Owner: Vefreyja
    Address: Everfrost Summer Home, Freeport

19. Marae Well-Known Member

Hi, Nicholl here. I got the marketplace item - thank you! - and I got your message that my mailbox is still full. I got rid of a bunch of messages a few days ago, but I don't know how much more I have to get rid of before it's not full - does anyone know? And I would be open to meeting in game if that turns out to be the simplest option. Just let me know when. Thanks again for all you do!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's probably the type of glitch that happens every once in awhile, where you've got like maybe one page of messages left and it still says your box is "full," and any "You've Got Mail! :D" type notices say you've got like 87000 mails with 3000000 attachments or some such nonsense. In that case, what I've always done is looked over the mails I wanted to "keep" and hand-typed out (because we can't apparently just highlight the text in an in-game mail and do Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V anywhere else :-/) each one to either a Sage-made blank book or maybe even a Notepad file. :-/

Then nuked them all. I think there's a / command sort of thing for that, like /clear_mail or something. It will warn you in no uncertain terms that it will DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER HAD IN THAT MAILBOX, etc., etc., etc.; DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS? :eek: Well, if you've already copied out everything you want, sure. :)

Still a wee bit nerve-wracking, though... :-/

Uwk
    Marae and Breanna like this.