House Actor Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't mean if they're being nice to each other or the visitors, but rather, if you place one in a house you're doing for someone else for like a special holiday event, what happens to them afterwards? Can they be gifted, since they belong to the person who placed them, basically (as I understand it); should they be returned, eventually, to the placer? Should the placer let the house owner know, "I'm coming to take them away, ha ha, I'm coming to take them away..." (presumably back to the House Actors Happy Home) before they go? Should there be some sort of possible compensation to the actor owner if the house owner wants to keep them, if possible? Not sure that would work, but you get the idea...hopefully. :-/

Uwk
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Kelvani Well-Known Member

I guess I never really thought about this one Uwk. However, I would say, as always, discuss it with the person beforehand. If you are loaning them for an event, then they definitely NEED to return them! If you were commissioned to do the house, discuss how many actors are included, and/or discuss compensation if they decide they want additional actors. On my server the rare runs about 11 plat so they are not that expensive to make, but yeah it can add up quickly!
    Geden, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  3. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I agree. Before placing the actor, talk to the house owner. There is no house actor etiquette per se... until you establish why you're placing the actor and whether or not you want it back. Communication, as always, is key.
  4. Niboota Well-Known Member

I agree with both of the above comments. Discuss / decide these things beforehand :).
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One reason why I ask is that there's a couple of situations, both related to the "surprise" factor of decorating for folks for the Secret Santa Glug bit for Frostfell. I bought an Actor for one I decorated, and someone either bought one or made one for me in one of my houses...didn't even think about it at the time, just thought they were both cute, in their way, and added to the places (mine, in the place I'd decorated, I had done up as the Spirit of Christmas Present in the original "Christmas Carol"; the one in my house was a doppelganger of my home owner there). ;->

Uwk
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Actually, I would like to see it where if you place items in a commissioned home they automatically transfer ownership to the owner of the house. Be it house actors or other items. Also, as a decorator, I find it inconvenient to place items that belong to the owner as you can't pick them up and then place them, you have to move them...and sometimes that can be a little tricky or on the large houses take a great deal of time and maneuvering. Aww but one can dream. But yes, I think all this should be discussed with the owner beforehand. They do have the option of packing them away or destroying them.
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/wince I hate using DESTROY on things...on the other hand, if we really want the Actor out of there, we can always Return it to the Owner, I guess...so long as they're still playing the game! ;->

Uwk
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I would love to see that, but I don't think it'll ever happen. It would be too easy for people to abuse.

"Hey! I like that shiny gold mount you got from FanFaire!"
    "Oh, let me put one in your house. We'll label it a commission, and then it's yours."

See what I'm getting at?

I wouldn't mind either way.There are a lot of things not available on the loyalty merchants that I wish were., but I know of others who would throw a fit if that ever happened. Honestly, though, I don't think house actors should have the heirloom tag on them at all.
  9. Niboota Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they are heirloom either. Personally I think they should be tradable. I don't see their reason for the heirloom tag.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Especially since you can make them as well as get them from The Marketplace; maybe the label "stuck" when they made it player-reproduceable? :-/

Sounds like a /petition, or at least /feedback, is called for, 'cause yeah, I agree; if you can make them, make that version non-HEIRLOOM. :-/

Uwk
    Moonpanther likes this.
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Oh I know, I would never destroy anything. If I really had no use for it, I would pack it away in my moving crate.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.