House Access Menu & "Friends"

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sapphirius, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I would like the ability to remove myself from other people's house access menus.

Let me explain.

When I click on the house portal in my guild hall, I get a menu that is so incredibly long that I must use the search window to find my own house. 14 of the houses are mine. 19 are my alts' houses that I use as warehouses for furniture. Then I have a varied (and rather large) assortment of other houses that do not belong to me or my alts.

Some of these houses are ones that I was commissioned to decorate. Typically, I remove myself as trustee once the house is finished, unless the owner asks me not to. Most of the houses that are not mine are ones where I was placed on the access list as a "Friend" so I could visit it for various reasons, usually to give decorating advice.

The houses that have me listed as trustee are easy enough to deal with. All I have to do is zone in and remove my trustee access. I did that last night and today. It took a few hours, but I removed my trustee access from all the houses that aren't mine except one. That would be the commission I'm currently working on.

It's the houses where I am a "Friend" that are posing a problem. A good number of the people who've friended me on their houses no longer play the game. I cannot write them to ask that they remove my name because they aren't in the game anymore.

We should be able to, as a "Friend" on the house, remove our own names from the access menu. I'm not asking that friends be allowed to add other names or remove other names. I'm only asking that friends be allowed to remove their own names from a house.

This would clear a considerable number of houses from my menu list when I use the portal in the guild hall. Thank you!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not that popular as a decorator, but I think I can understand at least a little bit on Test, where we got the chance to "buy" each of the first four prestige homes to test them for like 1c each. Each of my 9 toons there have 4 portals to them each, and at the 7-year Veteran mark, they all got Mistmoore Estates, so that's...9x5...45 names/places to wade through on the Portal to Housing in our Guild Hall. I'm sure you have to deal with a lot more, so my sympathies! /hugs :)

Uwk
  3. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

This isn't the first time that this request has been made.

Two pages of people /signing it, and nothing's come of it.

Out of curiosity, I counted how many homes I'm friended and trusteed to. 305. You read that right. Three hundred and five. Granted, some are my alts. But I don't even trustee Jazabelle to all of my alts' houses, unless I have something planned for the house, or I remember to. And 20 of those homes are Jazabelle's homes.

Some are friends' homes. But the majority are commissions or contests where the people dropped me from Trustee to Friend instead of removing my name, and have since left the game. That, or they're people who have asked me for opinions/feedback/help on their homes, and didn't remove my name after the opinion was given, despite my requests. Once again, a lot of the time, they've left the game or left the character.

Mailing the character isn't always an option, as often the mailbox is full.

The ability to remove yourself as a Friend would be lovely.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't have as much of a problem as some of you but I definately am 'friend' on several houses that I have no choice but to scroll past on the big ole list o'houses.

Someone figure out how to let us get out of friend status in houses. Much like you are able to remove yourself from a guild if you wish. Please please.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Zanbarbone Member

hell ... i mean heck ... it would be nice if there was just a /command to remove your name from other peoples housing list ... or maybe some kind timed removal that will take your name off after a week or so.
  6. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want a timed removal (some houses I'd like to keep on the list). But a button or /command to remove yourself would be lovely.
  7. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Yes, a button on the bottom of the menu list when you click on the guild housing portal would be perfect. One that reads "Remove Friend Access." Don't put it on the house's menu. Put it on OUR menu when the list of houses we're friended or trusteed to pops up.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Karrane like this.
  8. Karrane Well-Known Member

I am adding my request to this post .

Please give us a way to remove ourselves from "Friend" status houses.
  9. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Another option would be "only show own houses"
  10. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I know you're only trying to help, so please don't think I don't appreciate your suggestion... but no. While this does solve the problem of not being able to find my houses without using the search window, this doesn't solve the actual problem itself. In fact, it creates new ones.
    1. I can essentially do this already by using the filter options in the search window, so why have an extra button that just repeats what's currently existing?
    2. What if we want to see those friended houses because we're currently helping that person with decorating? Or judging a contest? Or going to an RP event? Then we'd have to unclick the button to show only our houses and use the search window to find that friend's house because the list truncates itself once it gets above a certain number of names.
    3. What about houses that we are trustees of but do not own? Like current decorating commissions, taverns where we help run the event, alts' houses? This option would hide those houses too. Then we're back to unclicking the button so we can type that friend's name in the search window and find their house on our truncated lists.
    The problem is that I do not want most of those "friend" houses on the list at all. We should have the option to remove our own names from houses where we've been friended. That is the most direct solution with the least number of drawbacks. You could even pop up a confirmation window to prevent people from accidentally unfriending themselves.

[IMG]
    The button could go right there, or somewhere thereabouts.
  11. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Oh, and one last thought before I run to work...

If the button just read "Remove Access" and let us remove our trustee access from homes as well, that would solve another problem. Not all these homes are prestige houses. When we're cleaning up our trustee list, sometimes we run across a house where the rent has run out. We wind up having to pay their rent before we can enter the home to remove our names.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have feedbacked being able to remove "Friend" access to houses several times so was very disappointed when didn't see the option available with the new housing window. Please please please allow us to not only remove our friend access but to remove access from housing window without entering the houses themselves!!!
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I totally want to be able to remove myself from someone else's access list. I have accesses to houses of friends who haven't played in years.
    Karrane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

The joys of being a decorator, eh? My list is about as bad as Jazzabelle's, though I have managed to contact a few of the friended house owners to get them to remove me from their list. They sounded almost... offended that I asked.

Yet another reason to please please give us our own "Remove Access" button.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah; being able to do so "anonymously" would make for less potential bad blood over it... :-/

Uwk
    Sapphirius, Karrane and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Meadbh Member

Count me in as someone who would like to have a Remove Access button!