Hotbars

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Sorasha, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Sorasha Guest

Ok, first, I am nearly certain this is not the proper forum but I'm not sure which one IS the right form, and it involves my tradeskilling (tho possibly not yours...)
    Pre-GU51, you could right click the hotbars to select which one to make Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
    Post-GU51, you cannot.
    I have dragged my crafting window reaction arts to hotbars on all my crafters (and I have 11...yes I know there are 9 primary skills, but I still have 11...so sue me) so that I can Alt-1, Alt-2, Alt-3 and 1, 2, 3 while otherwise goofing off. Now I can't do that.
    So....HOW do I change which one is Pri/Sec/Ter now?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

If I understand correctly, couldn't you just rearrange the icons on the actual tradeskill window? I havent used hotbars for crafting since the reactions were put in the actual window, so I may be confused here....
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaidia Guest

I do use a crafting hotbar simply for ease. When I go to chat with my guildies, I don't want to have to click on the window to bring it back into focus just so I can craft. Using hotbars, I just go back to crafting when i'm done chatting without ever having to lay a finger ona mouse.
    That said, I'm afraid I have no idea......I did notice a new "Keymap" option in the hotbar settings, but tbh, I have not played with it to see how it works. Had a guidlie ask me about it yesterday, and I sadly had no answers for him, so it would be nice to have an answer.
  4. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

ok, I have both a reason, and hopefully a solution for you.
    Reason:
    I believe Primary, Tertiary, and Secondary hotbars have essentially been done away with. Instead they added the option to add keybindings to every single hotbar you have.
    Solution(s)
    1. I craft using the keypad, 456 are the progress arts, 123 are the durability arts by default.
    2. Maybe you could simply show the spinner and change the particular hotbar you want to use to the one with your tradeskill arts.
    3. Make new keybindings specifically for your crafting... control + alt + # for example.. or alt F1-F6 or whatever you can think of.
  5. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Scoff@Mistmoore wrote:
    Right click on each hotbar, pick "hotbar setting", and set "key map" to what you want it for that hotbar.
    Hotbar 1 = primary, 2 = secondary, 3 = tertiary from the old system. The bonus with this is that you can map any key from any hotbar to a hotkey, using options > controls > hotbar keys.
    Oh, and this would probably have ben more appropriate in the Look and Feel (UI related) section of the forums, but hey...
  6. ARCHIVED-Sorasha Guest

Noaani wrote:
    This works, but it's so much more cumbersome =/

Thank you tho!