Hotbar clearing

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Wgrace, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Wgrace Active Member

So, I was just updating a lot of my alts I haven't played in ages, and I was going through each hotbar individually right clicking and selecting "clear all hotkeys" because I wanted to start from scratch since I had basically forgotten what's-what on a lot of them.

I asked in chat if there was a way to clear all the hotkeys at once and nobody really had a definitive answer, and most people said no, just clear them one by one.

I found that /savehotkeys and /loadhotkeys is universal across all your characters on an account, which I thought was not the case before.

So: Clear all your hotkeys on just one character, one time, and then save that as "empty" or "cleared" or w/e you want, then when you want to clear your hotbars, load that setup.
    --

/savehotkeys empty (after clearing your hotbars on one char)
    /loadhotkeys empty (from now on you can use this any time you want to clear hotbars on ANY character instantly)
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I have a standard setup saved that I load to all alts - it has common icons such as call to guild and call to home pre-loaded, and the remaining hotbars are blank. This way, stuff everybody has are always in the same place, no matter who I play, and class- and race-specific spells/CAs can be dragged over from the spellbook for the individual toon.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right click on a hotbar, and there's an option to clear all hotkeys.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Wgrace Active Member

Yes I know, I mentioned that. Once you've done that, though, you may as well save the empty hotbar setup so its there to be used next time you want a fresh hotbar layout.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Ellah Active Member

Nice tips, thank you both!
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Key F10 to move the hotbars around like you want them. Just mouse grab & drop. Tip though on that method...the clearances between the hotbars in this mode are much closer than they appear.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.