Horrible lag/packet loss in almost every heroic zone/raid

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by balzor, Jan 29, 2014.

1. balzor Active Member

Anyone else having awful lag/packet loss in random zones since the fabled kos update? Our raid zones and group zones are half the time just unplayable laggy. And then randomly other zones will be perfectly fine. We just did Accursed sanctum, no packet loss. Zoned back to the guild hall. Bam 1100 ping, 20-40% packet loss. Zone out to qeynos, no packet loss. Somehow manage to get out of the guild hall since it takes 5 minutes before the server reacts to us clicking on the guild rally banned and finally make it to the tov hub. No packet loss/lag in the hub. Zone into tov guardians and bam 40% packet loss 1000 ping.

This isnt just me, its my entire guild and by the looks of it other guilds are having this problem.

Anyone have a solution or Sony do you care to comment? (lol like sony devs read the forums)
    Le Clown likes this.
  2. Andesite Member

I used to have a solution to this, which was zone out of your current zone, wait about 30 minutes and go back in. This usually solves the issue. Problem is I used this when this lag was happening maybe once every 10 zones. Now it seems, to me at least, to be about 80% of the zones I go into are having this lag. I am truly getting annoyed with this as currently most of my guilds raid time is just attempting to find a raid zone that isn't completely lagged out. I too would like some sort of a response from the devs about what is going on.
  3. Andesite Member

Interesting lag today, guild hall was fine, bonemire was fine. We zoned into labs, labs had huge packet loss so we zoned out. Then bonemire had enormous packet loss, zoned right back into labs and all the lag was gone. I'd love for someone to try and tackle what happened there lol.
  4. Ranga Active Member

I am sorry for your lag. You should realise that the Devs absolutely do read the fora, they also reply from time to time and they take notice of important stuff. Sometimes they even joke around and stuff. Give em a break, they are human and they can't reply to every thread.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The lag monster was chasing you through zones. He wanted something :D
  6. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Was in Fabled Sanctum of Scaleborn contested last night, and was experiencing high pings and large packet losses every 5 seconds or so for about 1 hour. It would spike to 30k packet loss then back to normal range, over and over again. When it spiked and you hit a combat art or spell, it would take a couple seconds for the action to occur. Was irritating. Once the spike was over there was normal wait time from action input to when the spell would cast.
  7. balzor Active Member

Would be damn nice if they could actually fix this problem that is causing major issues for people. This didn't JUST pop up, this has been going on for a long long time. It had seriously calmed down before the fabled KOS was released but after that update its back to 90% chance your zone is so lagged out its unplayable. Apparently it isnt affecting everyone, just some people. So what is it? Whenever I or others try to petition all we get is some generic response of "please send your dxdiag msinfo!"| ect, followed by a "well everything seems fine! must be your isp cya!" Thing is my isp at least is doing its job. I have 100mbps dl speed and 10mbps upload. When Im lagging in eq2 I can open another client and put the other toon in a different zone and he isnt lagging. I also have like 30 ping in vent and can load up a stream perfectly fine. Just eq2 is a problem, and just random zones.

Its beyond frustrating having this problem never solved!
  8. Le Clown Active Member

this game would be enjoyable if it ran like other MMO's in regards strictly to lag and dominate subs of >5 billion.

+1 OP but, would probably take hardware/effort upgrades beyond that of duct tape and >0 ___ given.
  9. balzor Active Member

Any chance you are from Canada? trying to determine if its a country specific thing.
  10. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Nope, northeast USA
  11. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

First time this has ever happened also, I was playing for a while and ran several group zones, and solo zones with no issues. Once we got to the basement of FSoS, this hit the fan.