Hoops, They did it again

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kalika, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I got three two handed weapon from the new instances. All are better than the legenday one from the domination.

But they all have a 2 second delay, with 200 haste timing auto attack between heal/cure or CA is almost impossible.

Could you change this delay to something that would make sense, like 5-6 seconds.

Here is one (probably from Hall of fate last boss) : http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3753376582
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

This isn't going to happen often, if ever again, but I actually agree with Kalika on this one.
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Or they could just make all the autoattacks work like spellweapon ones, and fire during casting/cooldown of skills.

"Timing autoattacks" is one of the worst mechanics in the game: it's a punishment for any sort of laggy connection (your machine, SoE's machines, any machines in-between), and requires even less skill than the crafting whack-a-mole game (since you don't even have to match icons, you just hit whatever batches of buttons you want every X seconds.)
    Kalderon and Malleria like this.
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

While it would be interesting to see this change... I do not think it would be a good change. Timing of auto attacks, while susceptible to lag, requires much more coordination and attention than simply spamming skills while ignoring auto attacks. The idea that timing attacks "requires even less skill" is laughable. Nothing requires less skill than smacking buttons nonstop until the mob dies. Having to pause that button-smacking every few seconds obviously requires a bit more skill.
    Estred likes this.
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

The fact they added even more useless 2 second 2h weapons after the original outcry about how terrible they are makes it abundantly clear that they either don't listen or don't care what we think.
  6. Sylke Well-Known Member

I think they keep forgetting about melee priests/mages. That's really the only thing I can come up with.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

LOL I should do like Mae and add this quote to my signature.
    Well timing auto attack may be trivial, but it require more attention ... so i sort of agree with :
    Anyway something is currently rather illogical : ranged auto attack can happen while casting
    and melee one don't. I would not enrage if timing was removed but I'm not calling for such a change.

In any case 2 second delay weapon is a disaster for melee priest. And i tested ranged auto attack, it does way less than melee one with a staff of similar quality.
  8. Banneloria New Member

Shockingly enough, I'd have to echo this. Was kind of surprised the see the 2 second weapons showing up in the new fabled.
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Yes, in the sense that "walking while chewing gum" requires more skill than "walking". Anyone who finds timing autoattacks to be a measure of skill probably should be given a gold star when they tie their shoes every morning. :rolleyes: If they find it "fun", they must pass out from excitement playing Minesweeper.:confused:

The tiny, infinitesimal bit of so-called technique involved in "not doing something for a fraction of a second every X seconds"--especially with video or audio cues--is not worth the downsides in lag and sheer tediousness. If everyone could stop listening for ACT pings or watching autoattack bars fill up, they could spend those brainwaves on doing something more interesting than remembering to continue to breathe... either with their own skills, or with SoE being freed up for some better mob scripting.

From a game-mechanics standpoint, spellweapons were added to "balance proc rates" between casters and melee/bow users (so they can proc off autoattacks and skills the same way melee can.) The way it's implemented, it's not balanced yet, since only 100% millisecond-perfect autoattack timing (and delay exactly matching casting/recovery times) can get melee up to (always perfect minus server lag) caster proc rates.

Either spellweapons need to be locked down like melee, or melee/ranged needs to be unlocked like spellweapons. Considering the sheer boringness of timing autoattacks for minutes or hours on end, making them all unlocked is the better choice.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well i think you convinced me, i'm not indifferent anymore and would vote for removal of timing.

Indeed the mecanic was ok when we had no haste and 6 second weapons ;-) Today it's just as boring as crafting.
  11. GIndotto Well-Known Member

You folks must not know what the 2 second weapon is good for.

Try being in a group \ raid with a bard hitting 1 mil+ VC.

Macro swapping out your regular 6 sec \ 7 sec 2h with the 2 sec one.

Get tons of hits during the VC.

Your parse shoots through the roof.

Ten seconds later, click another macro to use your regular 2h.

Life continues on.

Instead of complaining try looking into where items like this could be useful! Not every item that drops needs to be an everyday upgrade just because it has point 3% more cb or potency, or 2% more crit chance.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

That's a good point, if you happen to run in a group with a bard regularly doing 1mil+ VCs. Which the majority do not. You are right though in that it does at least present a case where these weapons do have some use.
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Then if you all vote to remove timing from melee autoattack I personally vote to reduce delay on ranged.
  14. Draylore Well-Known Member

Aye, I am still trying to get decent pair of 2s daggers for this purpose but sadly no luck.

Have the 2s 2hander on my Guard and its kinda fun to use.

Really see no reason to "fix" anything.....its just another choice so who cares.
  15. Mae- Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, but why do we need 6 different options for it, and only 1-2 options for other delays? Having a couple 2s weapons available for swapsies is fine, having MOST the 2h weapons having these terrible delays is not.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Also consider this:

The 2s weapon has the same dmg rating as the 6s ones. But you're hitting three times more.

If you delay a couple of autoattacks, or even 2/3, you're probably still doing the same dmg (although granted it is not optimum for the weapon).

I like it for procing heals on my warden.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

I don;t get it proc rates are supposed to be dependant on weapon speed.

Obviously if this proc rate is high (like 50%) mecanic is broken, indeed VC proc
    or druid heal should scale with weapon damage or inversly to the speed.

I'ts sort of funny to witness how broken had gotten Eq2, soon good for the trashbin.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

It depends entirely on the proc. Natural Boon is a percentage every time you hit, not 'x times per second'.
    VC is on every hit as is Peace of Mind and similar.
    Procs on gear, however, seem to be normalized to x times per second.