Holy Steed or Summon Squire??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Collitinius, Nov 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Collitinius Guest

I was NOT a beta tester. I know the Shadow Knight got Unholy Steed. I was reading that Pallys got Summon Squire...but it looks like that maybe, during beta, this changed to Holy Steed. Anyone know if this is the case?

Oh, and FIRST!

:)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

I believe paladins get holy steed at 20, and summon squire at 40?
  3. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

The list from the beta forums that was compiled one of the last days shows summon holy steed at 20, and squire at 40 like Kamimura said.

20 - Holy Steed : Summon horse
    40 - Summon Squire : Summons a dutiful squire

List was compiled by Stormreaver on one of the last days. You can verify that you still get these if you go to NPC merchants that sells the 20-30 skills, and the vendor that sells 40-50 skills, and check skillrequirement for holy steed and summon squire.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tanalorn Guest

Any idea what summon squire does?
  5. ARCHIVED-Seriadon Guest

Well....it summons a squire....a Knight in training to fight at your side...aka: Pally pet
  6. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

No one in Beta had posted any information regarding the squire unfortunately. Holy Steed is not a speed demon like it was in EQLive, but it's certainly very helpful to have in large zones (ie Antonica). With the amount of mobs in certain areas, and the fact that sprint consumes power so fast, the horse is fast enough to outrun the mobs from meleeing you. You can still get hit from spells until you get a certain distance away though.
    Message Edited by Ajantiss on 11-10-2004 09:51 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Does it get any faster? Can you upgrade the steeds speed? How much are horses, in game?
  8. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

I don't believe it gets any faster, but it's already a nice thing to have (it costs 14 silver and some copper to purchase the Holy Steed scroll off a trainer, which the money is easily obtainable). Horses (if I recall correctly) cost a couple gold without status pts (they aren't as good as the status point ones), and the status point horses cost a good number of thousands of SP's plus some silver I believe. You won't have the money at level 20 (if that is your main and you don't have any rich friends), so getting an essentially free horse (compared to the buyable horses it is) is extremely nice to have.
    Message Edited by Ajantiss on 11-10-2004 10:43 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Sedden Guest

What trainer i looked all over in beta and couldn't find it i was going crazy
  10. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

The trainers for Qeynos are in the Elddar Grove. There are three of them close to each other towards the ruined stone walls. I believe the Froglok had the Holy Steed.
    Message Edited by Ajantiss on 11-11-2004 02:14 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-DemosEye Guest

It was never confirmed in beta that the squire could attack was it?
  12. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

Not to my knowledge. In fact I didn't see any information posted regarding the squire.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

HOw long does said steed last?
  14. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

It stays up for 12 hours if you leave it. That should be enough time to move around.
  15. ARCHIVED-Stashy Guest

Does anyone know if you can fight while on the steed? Or do you have to dismount/put it away?
  16. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

You can fight on it, aswell as do combat arts and HO's on it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

Wow...12 hours is a LONG time for a horse, and then you could just recast the spell.

Now i have heard of a stable in West Queynos which sells whistles which calls a horse, the speed of horse and whistle price are interrelated. ???
  18. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

You guessed right (except that it's South Qeynos). :smileyhappy:

The higher end horses are pretty darn expensive as you would imagine.

Message Edited by Ajantiss on 11-13-2004 11:42 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

How much does a whistle cost. I want an average low end, middle and high end price.