Holiday recipe question

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lys, May 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lys Guest

I have a level 90 carpenter that I have kept under level 10 adventure for 7 years so that she could craft in peace during Frostfell, but it is irritating me that she cannot do the new level 92 crafting because she would have to journey to the withered lands and the discovery xp might be enough to push her over level 10. My question is, if I create a new crafting character with the intent of keeping her under level 10 adventure, when Frostfell rolls around again, will all of the frostfell recipes books be available for her to buy, or will she only be able to buy the most recent one? Thanks in advance! :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

So far past recipe books have been available in following years.
  3. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

I'm curious, what happens at level 10?
  4. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

hexalobular wrote:
    If she is on nagafen she gets the snot smacked out of her over and over:)
  5. ARCHIVED-Lys Guest

Thank you for the response Cloudrat, I didn't want to lose all those books and couldn't remember if I could get them with another toon. And to Hex.......Cloud is right, I play on Nagafen and it is hard to craft when the freeps keep running up and smacking the snot out of you! :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I assume turning off all means of XP doesn't turn off disco dings?
  7. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

You'll be able to get all of the books again. When I played on Vox, I made a temporary too every frostfell just to make the stuff in peace. Your crafting levels in no time there, and when the season is over.. stockpile that toon's goodies somewhere and send the toon into retirement.

And yes, disco still dings you. It stinks :p.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I played on nagafen for a while and I always thought what stunk up the place was the fact that Frostfell wasn't a no pvp zone. You can only craft there unlike other holidays where you can craft in safety.
    I would think Frostfell should be the one holiday where you could craft in safety and have everyone get along.
  9. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    i got a better idea give those crafting at the frostfell crafting stations on PVP server a buff that teleports any PC who attacks the crafter to a random non-festive game zone.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Lys wrote:
    Forgive me for asking, as everybody else replying seems to know, but what TS quests in Sky can you not compplete at level 10?
    The only one that you'd be "locked out" of would be to physically get the TS Research Assiatant yourself, but you can buy that on the broker these days for about 1 gold. All of thr TS quests to get the 91 and 92 reciepes are fully doable at lv 10.
  11. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

The quests are doable but the mobs you would have to run through to get to level 92 recipe book quest giver would be way red and thus could not invis past them. Easy resolution to this would be to purchase the commons needed to craft items, grab portable tables and have someone COV or otherwise call you to the area the crafter is in. Since no fighting is involved and the area you craft and run around in is free of agro mobs you can complete the recipe book quests quite easily. What the player's main issue is is that they would level due to disco and they do not want to level - no way around that in game at this time unfortunately.

Edited for spelling.