Holgresh and Totemic Decimation

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Leawyn, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

After questing for the last 2 hours in the Holgresh canyon, I'm completely and totally fed up with the spell "Totemic Decimation". It hits for WAY too much. My poor gimpy necro only has 35k health, and these are nuking for 14-16k a pop. You pull two casters (some groups come this way!) and you will likely lose 90% of your health quickly. I don't know if there is a way to avoid it, since getting hit with it always follows with "The resulting explosion wracks your body with poison" and somewhere in there it also says "a holgresh elementalists poison reacts violently with the sulfuric fumes of the scalder!" but... i don't know what the scalder is. This stupid spell has killed me a dozen times today. I understand you want it to hurt, but must it hurt for 40-50% of my health?!
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

First of all you admit your necro is gimpy. My wiz did fine alone and with the SK merc in Ry'goor gear with mix of fabled raid accessories. If you pay attention (have decent resists too) you can see the casting time takes a LOOOOONG time so you can easily stun/stifle it. My wiz max got hit for I remember was ~8k.
  3. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

So you're saying it shouldn't be tuned towards the people who might actually benefit from the loot it rewards? Because my necro is now wearing mostly WL quest gear, and getting hit for 14-16k. Its hard to watch the cast time of multiple attackers so its easy to get hit with 2 of these in a row if you are pulling one of the groups of 3 in an encounter. And if you should happen to grab an add? Its pretty much lights out if its a caster too.
    Again, I understand its supposed to hit hard, but it's hitting TOO hard. Dial it back just a little, maybe 10% less, so I don't get taken down to <20% from full health if I should be unable to stun/stifle 2 incoming spells.
  4. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    its working fine and nothing needs to be changed . your a necro use your interupts,stun,stifles. the spell takes 10+ seconds to get off, that leaves you with plenty of time to interupt it.
    im glad they put a little spice on some of the trash, the same old trash that you just faceroll to kill is boring.
  5. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

It's already been nerfed once from doing 20 - 40k. 14 - 16k on a very long casting time is more than reasonable.