Hold of Rime: Fortress Spire - Arena stage

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by ShirQuickpaw, Sep 13, 2021.

1. ShirQuickpaw Member

Hi everyone,

For the sig line "The Fallen Swords" I need to once again run the name Hold of Rime:Fortress Spire, but keep getting stuck after the arena stage.

I tried to follow all the wiki entries about this fight with the bookie and the one cave-at someone here in the forums mentioned, but to no avail, the doors stay locked.

• Running the dialogue with the guy on the upper rangs for the sleeping poition.
    • Spike the drink with said poition
    • Speak to the bookie and pay him th platinum for the bet
    • Watch the fight or rather watch the one guy falling asleep
    • The bookie turns aggro - me being lvl 101 - selfmentored/Chrono to lvl 95, removing all buffs, removing all at level weapons, dismissing my pet/warden, removing the stanc I am in to avaoid auto dps for being hit
    • Starting to hit the bookie with a lvl 1 spell - reducing him by 1-3% per hit.
    • The other guy becomes agro at the wiki mentioned 80% health of the bookie
    • I continue to hack at them with the lvl 1 spell to reduce them slowly. But I can't seem to get the bookie to just fall "unconciousness" at the end of his health - he dies and even when I kill the other within the 10 seconds timeframe, I fail as the doors don't get unlocke
    So I am running out of ideas what to do - as the only difference to the few times I got past this point was when I was with a group that had a "real lvl 90" with us and those in our guild are no longer at that level.
    Anyone with an idea what I am still doing wrong with the script?

Thanks in advance for any reply or help

ShirQuickpaw.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I don't recall ever having any of these issues when I ran the zone. I spiked the guy and just killed all the agro mobs, and moved on with a quest update.

Try having a level 1 mercenary do all the work for you. Go grab Bdorn from Qeynos Harbor.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. ShirQuickpaw Member

I tried your recomandation today, and again the script failed in letting me pass. I let the Bdorn merc do all the fighting, but the fight is over, chest appeared with the death (0%) of the bookie, he vanished in my target list and even when I wait more than the ten seconds, which should reanimate/heal both of them to 100% didn't occur. Killing the second contestant didn't change a thing, the doors stayed locked. I really wish I knew what I am doing wrong with the script, or if something changed to the original setup.

Thanks for the reply and help though, even when it didn't get me further yet. It was worth a try.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is strange. I don't remember ever having script issues with this zone, and I wasn't able to complete it until I was already level 110 with the overpowered gear from the Blinding in the Blood of Luclin expansion.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. ShirQuickpaw Member

*nods*

Again thank you for replying. Has anyone else an idea what I should try to get past that described point? Or can someone find the time to check if they run into the same problem? (Yes, I know the step before the arena takes three people to pull the levers underwater in the docks)