HoB - Captain Stinas Bug?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by The Jones, Feb 13, 2014.

1. The Jones Active Member

Just for grins i'm trying to see how long I can last fighting a named in HoB with a tank merc. So far it lasts only a few seconds, but my merc is dropping from nearly 80% health to absolutely nothing and there is nothing in the log to suggest what happened.

Here is the full log from the fight. Notice Captain Stinas attempted to swing at Lady Liae Crow and mised. The very next record log event shows her as being dead, but how is that possible if nothing hit her? Her health was nearly full and then boom, dead. I've searched the logs myself and don't see anything else that ACT isn't already reporting.

I was a safe range away from her so it's not the incurable curse getting us.

Thoughts?

[IMG]
  2. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Your not sending her out of range are you. I know if I send my merc to far, its HP will drop by 70% easily when it gets 20+ meters from me.
  3. The Jones Active Member

I've tried at all sorts of ranges so I don't think that would be it. Besides if the merc gets out of range i'd expect the top end hitpoints to be reduced rather than subtracting it from your current health.

These back to back events in the logs just don't make sense to me:

1) MISS
    2) DEATH (uhhh how?)

I'm hoping this is either a bug or there is a rational explanation for why the merc simply disappears.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

my guess would be is that the game doesn't know how to deal with the curse on mercs, so they basically just die.
    pretty sure range has nothing to do with if you get the curse or not. I've had people at the entrance of zone get the curse
  5. The Jones Active Member

That could be... I won't hold my breath on a fix.
  6. Tahuti New Member

Stinas has an aoe that may not be registering on the merc; have you looked at her incoming damage rather than his outgoing damage?
  7. The Jones Active Member

Pretty sure I have looked, though I cleared out my encounters in ACT. I can check again later.
  8. Encori Active Member

There's a red text that the merc needs to joust. I assume that's what The Jones is thinking, too.
  9. The Jones Active Member

Tried again and it's not the red text. Never shows up on screen or in the logs.during the fight I lost my merc within 15 seconds. Then I was doing fine keeping my pet alive and again the pet disappears with nothing in the logs to suggest why. Even if it was the red text it should show the damage from it in the logs and it doesn't

I'm thinking Ucala could be right about it being a bug with the curse.
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's the most plausible action I think, not just cause you said I'm right though :p
    cause you notice if you do the solo version there is no curse, instead you have a red text fronal, why? because you could do the solo with just 1 person so the 2 curses wouldn't make sense.
    but in the group zone where you ideally run with 6 people. 2 curses for people go out :p the game sees 2 "things" that it doesn't want to register as people but really has no other option since it's the only 2 things fighting the mob and it requires 2 things to get the curse :p so the merc dies cause some bug. also if you have a pet it would be similar to a merc. it doesn't want to register the pet as a thing to put the curse on, but than again it really has no other choice :p

it's what I would bet money on, although I wouldn't see a fix for that coming anytime soon since it's not really that important :p
  11. The Jones Active Member

You were correct. The fight works just fine if you have 2 or more REAL people involved, as the real people will get the curse every time and the pet's just continue to do their thing.