Hints of a luclin expansion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Jul 16, 2019.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

So there has been some data mining going on and apparently players have found several things pointing towards a Luclin themed expansion. Amongst these hints are the names Ssra (Ssraeszha Temple is the Luclin stronghold of the Shissar. We have seen this temple before in the Phantom Sea in EQ2.) and Seru (Lord Inquisitor Seru).

Amongst these there are also a lot of files hinting to the Shissar race, amongst these skeleton and zombie Shissar. Amongst the files we also see something called "Elemental Pegasus Armor". There is also files named ssraemine_pyramid and _mines.

I'm also guessing that we will be getting some Corrupted Shissar weapons the upcoming expansion or we get some other bane weapon (think ghoulbane) or maybe the Sword of Truth that dropped off Seru in EQ1, that no one has ever been able to actually equip.

[IMG]

What do people think? Is it about time we get some Luclin loving? Would you be happy to visit Luclin? Are we gonna travel back in time? Or do you think we will never actually see or visit Luclin and everything will just happen on Norrath? I really hope its not just one hub like we had for two expansions, but a whole "continent" (well, moon) like we see with Kunark or the Over realm.

I think another hint is the name of the currency we get this summer event and the name of the armors. "Astral Gloom".
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

why not luclin? I think's fair to let us go there after we've gone to all that chronomancy trouble of restoring the moon and don't forget two scary entities are up there locked in a struggle, maybe we need to go there and keep an eye on that, dawg
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

now I'm gonna have to skill up spacewalking... ooh, space suits?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

fishbowl helmets? omg
    Zeddicious likes this.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

In flight combat will be the next big thing.

As for Luclin there has been speculation about that since 2005. Don't think that is ever going to happen since the moon was destroyed.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

but it isnt destroyed anymore ?_?
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yeah kerafrym and theer did a barrel roll and the moon came together for lore reasons.

Anyways, the moon seems cool because it's like a giant circle with gray textures.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

hey the chronomagic! never forget when we put on +1 patek phillipe and wiish woosh poosh bang boom glued it back together, kerafyrm and theer? they just b players man, it was all us so we deserve to go there and help with resealing all the little cracks. the ts sig line will be how to make the best chronoglue ever with the help of a god or 2
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ouh? you mean there will be a zone/area with actual vacuum and the pristine view of interstellar space due to the lack of intervening gases(atmosphere) dispersing light?
    or will it be a "airless" zone where a Fishscale allows one to "breathe" all while seeing blue sky and rolling clouds? ala The Grey.
    [IMG]
    Cyrrena, Bludd and Breanna like this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

YES
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The Grey, where no one can hear you do anything.

( Aha ! You thought I was going to say 'no one can hear your scream ! or something similar. )
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The Grey wasn't a vacuum all the way to space. It was just inside an artificial bubble they'd put up around their temple to keep the Greenmist out. I don't know how they'd justify one outdoor zone being a vacuum while the rest were not, without a gimmick like that.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ouh?
    interesting bit of Lore, thought it was the Shissar that originated the Greenmist,... or something against the Iksar,... since the Shissar had the Iksar in slavery for a time time (memory a bit fuzzy for what I have read)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The Greenmist is what nearly eradicated the Shissar. They were so terrified that they fled the planet and hid inside a vacuum. I'm fuzzy on the exact origin of it, or if the exact origin has even been completely revealed in-game. It was sent by the gods, or possibly a specific god(Cazic-Thule) to eradicate the Shissar. It's also been alluded to that the Greenmist itself is a living thing. It also destroyed the Rallosian army that rampaged across old Antonica after they made the mistake of ransacking the Temple of Cazic-Thule.
    Gninja and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out on my guess for Plane of Nightmares. Look it up under the original Everquest using "Gloom" items and it has too many similarities to hints being given. Especially the hint:

"We also have some new features we're excited to talk about when we get into the nitty gritty of the expansion this fall, including the lore and location...and it's a familiar one if you know EQ" ~ 2019 Producer's letter.

**Note: It didn't say "Familiar with EQ2" and the Plane of Nightmares was a large open area of the original game.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Or the Astral Gloom items could be a reference to Luclin, the Goddess of Shadows.
    Bludd likes this.
  17. Thand Well-Known Member

If we do not have a Vex Thal i will be so disappointed. that was my Favorite zone as a puller monk in eq 1
  18. Avithax Well-Known Member

After looking at the datamined info on Reddit i'm joining the Luclin Moon theorists. "SSraeshza Pyramid" as a zone can't be overlooked.
  19. Svenone Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hope that Luclin is NOT the next expansion. I just do not think the size of the current development team can do it justice, and I did not find Luclin that much fun in EQ1 anyway. (Though the PITA of getting keyed for VexThal was part of it).
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I fully appreciated Luclin in EQ1; and to think, all the Kerra on Norrath will be able to be re-united with their great grand parents that were left stranded in Shar Vahl,...

And considering, the trapped dragon Kerafyrm currently inside the moon, I rather doubt the RAIDers will be able to resist ... waking up and entertaining ;)
    Breanna likes this.