Higher DPS.. Monk or Berserker..

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Junaru, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Just wondering.. I searched but wouldn't really find anything on DPS just more or less avoidance compaired to damage taking..

I'm not really looking for the ability to tank (would like to if I need to).. I'm more or less looking for a support tank.. A DPSer.. I'll mainly group with friends who are going to be Ranger, Guardian, Mystic and Warlock.. I thought a DPS class that could off tank if needed would be great..

Thanks for the info.. I'm going to post this in the Monk board also.. Just looking for info not flames..
    Message Edited by Junaru on 11-23-2004 04:22 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Well its still early but i think Im gettinga feel of the intent of the class...

Id say monk is teh easy win here..or brawler for that matter...

While berserkers can deal out some damage its not going to be as consistent as a monk or brawler.

We are an offensive tank that sometimes goes nuts and unloads some damage...but we can main tank and that is something that will always ensure our damage output is secondary to a non-main tank class.

The last reason you should picka Berseker is for Dps.
  3. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Go scout-type or Bruiser/Monk then. (caster to a certain extent, but I think their AVG DPS gets limited by power consumption... but who knows what the high level game will have in store in that arena.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

Berserkers deal massive damage overtime and in a short period, possibly the best AE fighters in the game, and are great tanks
    Monks deal massive damage overtime, are self dependent, and designed to deal damage, but tank with avoidance pretty well

If you're looking to not tank much, go monk. Chances are, when someone sees you in plate they are either going to want you to tank, or expect you to pick up the slack if you're not. Granted, we zerks do great damage even when tanking when we go berserk, but you sacrifice some of your tanking ability in order to put out all of that monster damage, as well as health. Monks dont have to do that.

I'd only suggest zerk to someone who is ready to be a tank as well. Otherwise, go with a class more designed to just dish it out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Strahm_Grymblade Guest

Speaking of DPS, Rangers are crazy. We have a lvl 21 Ranger in the guild that opens up the fight with 4 arrows doing somewhere in the range of 250dmg and then running up for a backstab for 130s. Its vary hard to keep aggro from him, he's a machine. /bow Maddus
  6. ARCHIVED-Kromus_1 Guest

Try to use berserkers blood rage (or group with one that know how to use it) and u gonna see who is killin machine :smileywink: