HHE19 Follow Up By Aney

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, May 2, 2019.

1. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Wow, what an exciting event we had. 33 homes across 5 Servers!

Thank you to everyone that participated, House swaps can not be done without you!

I was so blown away by the houses. Everyone did an amazing job! I found for myself some new ideas as I am sure others have as well!

So give yourselves a big pat on the back and Hugs as you all deserve it! Thank you all for the time that you put into making a home for someone else!

To those that signed up for the first time, I hope you had a great time. You all did awesome and I am looking forward to seeing you sign up for more House Swaps!

A very big thank you to DevilKiss, Mom and Mariebella for helping out with homes. A big thank you to those that opened up their guildhalls and homes to help give items as well as those that made items on the different servers that were needed.

Honestly, there is not enough thanks to give out as so many folks did so much.

I am really not big on words, but I just want to say Thank You to everyone and I hope that you all had fun with this event!

Looking forward to seeing you for the GnG Home Swap and maybe something before that! Keep an eye out on the forums!

Thank you all again,
    Aney~

And yes Thank you again :)
    Ocarinah, Febrith, Mariebella and 5 others like this.
  2. Cora Active Member

*runs screaming from another gnome-themed house*

Oooh!

This was so much fun! Thank you, Aney and helper goblins for setting this up! <3
    Ocarinah, Febrith, Mariebella and 4 others like this.
  3. Aneylee Well-Known Member

*And a Follow up*

I want you all to know that I love what you have done as has everyone else!! So many new ideas!!!!

But and I hate a But. But, please be patience with things such as videos. They will get done. Making posts on the Facebook page and sending me personal mail is not going to make it happen any sooner. I am trying my best to get it all done. I am only one person.

This event has been challenging for me as so many things that could go wrong, well they did.

I am sorry that things were not done on day 1 or 3. It is what it is. I am not one to tell folks to do this and that. I Ask and then I wait for them to get back to me. Sorry if the wait time is not enough for you, but videos are done by volunteers and unless you are willing to do them yourself, you should not be complaining.

I appreciate all that everyone has done for this House Swap,, from stepping up and finishing a home to making items that someone needed to finish their home.

And now I am just tired.

Aney~
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

/hugs and a nice cup of chocolate Horlicks for Aney:)

Don't sweat it - remember SSHHS17 and the drama surrounding that? Events do seem to bring out the best and occasionally the worst in us lol. I'm sure the rest of the videos will be up shortly, the houses aren't going anywhere and can still be visited in the meantime.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You are doing an amazing job running events Aney!!! There is so much to do with running events that people don't think about and what can go wrong will go wrong. There will always be someone that expects something of us that they shouldn't or doesn't like/follow rules, etc. I am sure every single event has had its share of drama even if nobody heard about it. I couldn't handle it, that's for sure. I hope you are able to stop worrying and truly believe you are amazing. I am very grateful that you were willing to run these events and those willing to help out when things go wonky.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

Its no problem Aney we know..all i did was say i would video skyfire if sokaran cant and it wouldn't be right away anyways. But Im still going to video mine on skyfire and then the one ab after the weekend. I had fun and enjoyed it, even though I sadly got really sick during it and felt like i didn't do my best on the houses i did. But I am enjoying watching vids of the other servers and houses I haven't been able to visit. Hope it doesnt discourage you from running more. Thank you hun <3 *hugs*
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh, I had no idea people were complaining. Aney, I just want you to know how much I appreciate that you ran this event. I think I tried running a one time only event and it was so much work and stuff, I realized just how difficult it is and it gave me a whole new outlook and respect for those who run the deco-raids and these decorating events.

As much as I love decorating, I didn't enjoy running the one event, and wouldn't want to do it again. :confused:

I knew the videos would come out eventually, and meanwhile, it gave us all a chance to go see these homes in person, so NO complaints from me at all, not even that Feb missed one of the rooms in the home Emma decorated for me...it gives others a reason to come see it in person. ;)

I thank Feb for touring the home, it was a great video! Thank you, Aney, for hosting this event and to those who stepped up and assisted her during her absence, and thank you to all the videographers for their amazing work touring our homes and adding their own reactions and thoughts to the work done in those homes, and thank you to all the decorators who contributed and gave us all new homes to visit and enjoy. I feel it is a win/win situation for all of us. :)
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Everyone loved their houses. I'm sure it was just excitement in wanting everyone else to see them who couldn't.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

Video updated:)
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Lol, thank you Febrith. I was fine with it as it was though, but that was kind of you to do. *Hugs* :)
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Not at all, I know it's disappointing for a decorator when things get missed, even if it is only small - that mighta been the bit that was particularly vexatious or took ages to get right, or something, and the videographer goes breezing right past it lol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are times I've debated about doing videos myself, largely so I can go, "See? That thing right there! That was my pride and glory! It's obvious [to me]!" when others who'd visited might go, "That teeny little thing? You need more signs on it, or better lighting [guilty!] or something. Sheesh." ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.