Heroic Tab AA - Ethernere's Resilience

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Xile, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Xile Member

I'm wary of all the AA's that claim to apply to "qualifying pets" without detailing out which pets get what.
    It could just be a distinction between real pets of summoners vs dumbfires and mercs.
    Or it could mean tank pet vs mage, etc.

I have done detailed testing on several of the AA's to confirm they're actually doing what they claim. Watching health, block, parrry, etc all become affected when taken.

But I'm at a wall with Ethernere's Resilience.

Reduces the damage taken by the summoner's pet:
    * Applies Ethernere's Resilience to qualifying pets: Reduces all damage done to target by x% (incremented via AA).

Neither the tank pet nor mage pet have any effect labeled "Ethernere's Resilience", though in truth virtually all of the pet AAs that apply a named effect never appear accordingly when looking at the pet's buffs. You can't see the icons of the other AAs, but you can at least see the effects on it's stats.

The mitigation and avoidance of both the tank pet and mage pet are unaffected when this AA is taken, not that it specifically reads that it affects those. But there's also no trigger that would kick off during an engagement that would imply it's working in combat.

In short, there appears to be no way to prove that this AA is performing any kind of service. But hopefully I've missed something that one of you can clarify?
  2. Sudedor Well-Known Member

I may be two years out of date, no wait, I know I am. However, back when that tree was "new", the phrase "qualifying pet" only applied to primary pets. If the implication of that phrase has changed in the interim, I wouldn't know.