heroic runnyeye shinies

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by girney, Apr 10, 2022.

1. girney Active Member

there are different levels of the heroic kinda like guk. are there shinies that are only available in the higher lvl versions or can i obtain all from the normal difficulty? currently i can do normal and unruly. any strats on memnmamar would be appreciated. i can kill him sometimes but not sure what i did differently from my failures. just my paladin and my captain kalael merc.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I am currently in the process of farming Fabled Runnyeye the Gathering to farm the numerous no trade shinies needed for the meta. The zone is actually really easy (for a Monk) with just a healer merc at level 125, but the shinies are randomized so you're never guaranteed to find a no trade shiny.

Don't bother with higher difficulties if they still provide a challenge. There's no increased chances of getting no trades on the higher difficulties. You would only be tackling them for the sake of the challenge and the achievements.
  4. girney Active Member

what is your strat for memnmamar? do you just out dps him? i think my bruiser has an easier time with a lot of quick hitting high dps spells. my paly always gets hit with his freeze spell and sometimes i outlast it and other times not. cant cast anything,only my dot keeps hitting him.
  5. girney Active Member

eq2u only mentions heroic zone but it also only said heroic for return to guk collections but eq2 wiki listed which difficulty lvl had which shinies. wiki just says heroic for runnyeye
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Dragonfire > Rising Dragon to refresh Dragonfire. How fast he dies after that point just depends on how many other combat arts I hit while they're both burning him down. If you're having trouble with Memnmamar, then the final boss will probably be difficult as well. You have to kill the four ghosts he summons first before you can attack him directly, and if the fight draws out long enough, you will have to watch for Bulwark. I *think* there might be curses that a priest class would need to cure as well, but it's been so long since I needed to worry about those.
  7. girney Active Member

the final boss is hard but much more doable. i have killed him in normal mode but not unruly
  8. girney Active Member

memnmamar is non aggro when my paly enters his lair and doesnt attack until i hit him. however, my bruiser always encounters a version that is aggro from the get go. i wonder why the difference. non aggro version allows me to set up behind him before starting the battle
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Curious. He's always non-agro to me, and I'm a monk...

Wait, maybe that's it. Paladins, Guardians, and Monks are counted as Orderly classes while Shadowknights, Berserkers, and Bruisers are counted as chaotic. This is a game mechanic that is used during a dual-boss encounter in Kunark Ascending. People thought the bosses had to be split between "Good and evil", but I tanked the boss while I was an evil monk.

Maybe Memnmamar is agro to chaotic classes?
  10. Gharyn Well-Known Member

He says something before he casts the freeze (can't remember what) and he roots himself so just joust away and you won't get hit.
    girney and Twyla like this.