Heroic Drinal is bugged

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Davngr, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Davngr Well-Known Member

you clear harrows to drinal and then the last port to his room does not port you. it's happened to me two times today and i know of at least 3 other groups.
  2. Gninja Developer

We are aware and working to get it resolved
  3. Sini Member

Yeah our group also needed GM intervention two runs in a row yesterday. But I also spoke with a group who finished the zone without issue.

The difference seemed to be DPS.

Our suspicion is that killing Fitz too quickly is breaking his script. In one fight we had him down to 18% before his 50% script actually triggered. This made him respawn in the middle of the ring event and at one point we had two different Fitz up and active at the same time. And we had a similar fast burn and funny respawn on our first run through the zone, though the particulars were different. But the end result was the same; Fitz is dying but the zone flag is not getting set or is getting reset when he respawns mid fight in a previous room.

I'm curious if the other groups that had problems with the zone were also doing high dps (approx 2M groupwide) and overburning Fitz.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I actually must add that Fitzpitzle seems bugged. He is running his "ghost" to the new spot but he is no longer standing there while his ghost runs in. This is causing some odd reset issues.

Before the recent patch Fitz was in all rooms as his ghost ran in. If you pulled this "new Fitz" he would reset when the Ghost ran into the room and the fight would continue as normal. Now though the Ghost only sometimes appears, other times the "new Fitz" doesn't appear. It would be reasonable to theorize that a situation could arise where Fitz's Ghost and "New Fitz" do not spawn thus breaking the encounter.

As Sini said it actually is possible to kill the 2nd Fitz to 50% thus making him run to the next room before the 1st one comes in. This causes a Duplicate of Fitzpitzle to spawn and you may kill the boss twice. I hope some of this information helps, Harrows End has been quite difficult it seems to straighten out.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

To add my own experiences: Running Harrows twice yesterday with 4 people and a merc our dps on any version of fitz was probably never higher than 1.3-1.4mil. We always waited for his ghost form to reach the room and 'set' properly before engaging each version. Despite this the second run through we had the third fitz version respawn and attack us while fighting the last fitz (that is, the acid blob spawning fitz attacked us while we were in the clockwork room fighting THAT fitz). Both times the portal to Drinal never came active.

Seeing as there were no listed changes to Harrows End heroic in the patch notes, would anyone care to tell us why this is happening?
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

thanks for your attention to this matter.

also i ran the zone with a terribad pick up today on my coercer and we broke up after there was no portal but when i logged him back in a couple hours later the portal was operational. seems the bug works its self out once you leave the zone?
  7. Payton Active Member

I got pretty fed up with Harrow's End anyway.
    I successfully killed Drinal about 15 times I think, but this instance often turns into the biggest time-waster ever.
    Even in high-dps PUGs, it frequently happens that you have a smooth run up to Drinal, and then 2 hours of constant wiping at the last battle until the group splits up. Really annoying, I'll never ever go there again, unless I am 100% sure the group will be up to it (which I can't be sure of I guess).

I bet it's usually the fault of the healer not curing fast enough. Really annoying.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

There's virtually nothing to cure on that fight. Lemme guess... you get to the top of the elevator and suddenly you're being hit with massive aoe damage and power drains?
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Hehe, I know why that happens!

Check your Detrimentals and I am sure whoever is having this issue will find the answer they are looking for. They also may feel better discovering the issue rather than being flat out told.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Ran into this bug a few times already.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The non-curable elemental one group member gets.. they are suppose to back away until it drops.

Currently the zone is bugged and its a known issue about the portal up to Drinal. A GM replied to my petition, but by then I was out of the zone and in a raid.
    If you're patient, petition and they will port you up to Drinal if you stay in the zone and wait. At least that was my understanding from the email I received.
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Payton Active Member

thanks! good info if true. will look next time i go there, if ever :)
  13. Torquem Active Member

From time to times, Fitzpitzle repops ! (don't dream, he won't give you another chest). Before killing Oligar, check if Fitzpitzle is back. If so, kill him once again, and proceed to Oligar. Then, you should be able to be ported to Drinal without petition. This method has worked for me two times in a row.
  14. Mathrim Active Member

We went back into a bugged zone and checked. Fitzpitzle was up again in 2 of his rooms. We killed them both but no luck on the portal. We decided to look around the zone and found that Melanie's script had restarted. We cleared Melanies side rooms which respawned her and she also dropped her loot again. Portal to Drinal still did not work though. We cleared everything else in the zone but portal still wouldn't open.

There is definitely something bugged with the spawn and check order in this zone now.
  15. Mathrim Active Member

Just tried the zone again for another round on a fresh timer...

Fitzpitzle respawned before we had pulled all of the trash in front of Oligar. We ran down and checked, and Melanie's script had also restarted. We cleared the side rooms and killed Melanie, then went up and recleared Fitzpitzle. We then went and killed Oligar but the portal is still bugged....
  16. Gninja Developer

When/if Melanie repops is it her ghost form actor version or does one of the side rooms spawn the attackable groups of chains or the final attackable boss at the end of the hall?

The other issues reported here should be included in today's (2/20) hotfix.
  17. Mathrim Active Member

The script for Melanie doesn't kick back off until you step into the 2nd room of the event....the one on the right side of the hall. Once you step inside, the group of 10 or so mobs spawns, kill those, and then Melanie's ghost form pops and moves to the 3rd room, kill those 10 adds, and then she moves to her final room and becomes killable for a 2nd chest.

I had never noticed this happening before, but then again, I never went back down to check on that script until the issues with Drinals portal started a week ago. Not sure if this has always existed, or only popped up with whatever broke the portal and Fitzpitzle.
  18. Loric Member

We tried Harrow's End raid again last night (Sunday 24th), after the latest update, and encountered a (possibly new?) problem with Fitzpitzle.

In the room with the tome adds, the person who got the uncurable curse didn't move away, so we all went boom. After the wipe, Fitzpitzle did not reset properly. Some tomes were still up, and Fitz himself still had three god buffs, making him unkillable. Sorry I can't remember the name of the buffs, but they are the ones which accumulate when raid members die - I'm sure you know the ones I mean.
  19. Everdog Member

This happened to us too.