Heroic Character armor swap

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mahare, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Mahare Member

So I have a character that I want to up to Heroic. He already exists, as a Necromancer...but I also want to betray him to a Conjurer. If I do that though the armor I would get would be useless. Is there any way we could get a vendor that would allow us to swap from one class to the like other class, that way if we do decide to betray we're not shoehorned into the gear? I know it is a long shot but I figured I would ask.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Or you could betray it first and then shell out the 3500 SC to turn it 'heroic' after the betrayal?
    Berserkerkitten and Morfydd like this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmm. You get armor pretty quickly that is as good as the heroic from doing quests. It is the look I like of my assassin heroic armor. I want to betray from good to good to make her a ranger though. And am wondering if I can put that assassin armor in the appearance slot before she changes class, and if if will stay there once she is a ranger?
  4. Mahare Member

Well, one of the reasons I'd want to do it as a Necromancer is for the Freeport Mage Class Quest for the appearance armor. I could theorhetically betray to Conjurer, upgrade, betray to Necro (wearing vendor armor), do the quests, and betray to Conjurer again afterwards, but hoo boy that would be intensive. And it's less stat-wise I'm thinking and more appearance...my Wizard still uses his Heroic armor for appearance that I got during the Heroic promotion.

If I'm gonna spend $35.00 on an upgrade, I'd like the ability to betray without repercussions (in this case all the armor becoming useless, in both use and appearance). No need to punish us for playing the game in a role-playing style.

And I do believe there are some sorts of armor in game already you can "swap" in a merchant, so it is possible...so why not?
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

I just betrayed from Conjy to Necro without realizing my armor would be useless. Now I have an 86 necro with no visible armor, and without a lot of money to buy a full set of mastercrafted, I'm not sure where to go from here. Being able to swap out the old gear for the same gear usable on the new class at the shady swashbuckler or something, would be awesome. Until I scrape together enough money on another toon though, I guess my new heroic toon is out of commission :(

Edit: Wow, just realized that mastercrafted gear at 82 is utter garbage compared to the heroic gear I used to wear. Now I feel like I just tossed $35 into the shredder.
  6. Treiko Active Member

upgrade to heroic, then immediately go to great divide... spend a couple hours questing there and you will have a full set of armor for your mage, and it will be an upgrade to the heroic stuff, then betray
  7. Elinea Well-Known Member

My issue is that I didn't realize I'd lose the armor (I just thought it was cloth armor, not conjurer specific) so I've already betrayed and now standing stark nekkid in Freeport.
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I'm on Unrest. I could run you thru a coupla zones rq or front you the plats for some new duds.
  9. Elinea Well-Known Member

I appreciate the offer, but the toon I did this on is on AB server. All my max level toons are on Unrest and I made some lowbies and heroics on AB in hopes of getting groups under 95. It was nice of you to offer to help, but I'll probably just use some loyalty tokens and get cash that way. Thank you :)
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'm on ab. I'm happy to help you out. Send me a pm here if you need anything.
    Ava
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Doesn't the loyalty vendor also sell betrayal tokens? You could use one to switch back to conji, run some quests in GD to get regular cloth gear, then use another to betray back again.
  12. Elinea Well-Known Member

I don't have a large supply of loyalty tokens (I was using them for the purple adorn remover before the plat price lowered). But I figured it was worth spending a small handful of loyalty tokens on a couple of plat bags so I had enough to buy a mastercrafted set, then jumped into the level agnostic dungeons for upgrades to that.
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

What do you do with heroic gear when you outlevel it? You cant destroy it, mute it, or sell it.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

You can't sell it or mute it, but it destroys just fine, at least the jewelry does. I kept the armor just in case I wanted that appearance, but I destroyed all the jewelry when I got replacements without any problem.

The indestructible tag just means it doesn't take damage when you die or from mob abilities that damage armor.
    Enoibia and Awkk like this.
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

You can delete it from your inventory after you don't need it anymore. I just did that with a couple of toons over the past week.
    Awkk likes this.