Heroe's Festival + Raining Fire from Above!

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by DeathbyDestiny, Nov 15, 2013.

1. DeathbyDestiny New Member

Is it me or is it a little *off* to see NPCs celebrating a festival while others are running around screaming about dragons overhead? o_O
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I think it's all a symptom of some having had too much wine, and others not enough.
    Innania and Finora like this.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

I think we should celebrate Hero's Festival by gathering a raid at the main gate and fighting the attacking hord of dragons personally. The Town Guard doesn't seem to take kindly to that sort of talk.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

I never noticed the dragons before. I thought they came for the festival...
  5. Marya New Member

I think dialogue like this must be included:
    Festival goer #1: "Yes everyone be merry, enjoy this fine wine."
    Freeport Defender #145: "What the h*** is wrong with you! There are dragons flying above us! We are protected by a barrier that we're not even sure will work! And we have a tyrant ruler"
    Festival goer #1: "Sounds like someone needs a wee bit more wine..."
    Freeport Defender #145: "Yes..."
    Totally would fix a few contradictions.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Only if FG#1 draws the word wee out a little. (As in, "Sounds like someone needs a weeeeeeee bit more wine...")

It is even funnier if you picture Festival Goer #1 being portrayed by Eric Idle, and Freeport Defender #145 by John Cleese (not as they are now, mind you, but as they were around the time that Life of Brian was released*).

* For those unaware, Eric Idle and John Cleese were both members of the British comedy group Monty Python.