Heroes' Festival 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Huh, I examined each of the spawn points for the fourth decoration location, but didn't see any conflict. Most of the spawn points are in the middle of paths and walkways. But I did find that several of them were outside of the map region indicated for the update. I'll fix that to ensure the map region for that particular step of the quest covers all of the possible spawn points.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Given how utterly overloaded *I* am feeling right now, I can only imagine what you and the rest of the team are like right now. No harm*, no foul (*confusing halflings and having them spinning in circles is apparently not "harm", per se :D)
  3. Kaitheel Developer

You're ever so understanding and entertaining at the same time. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think Niami can't wait till we get Frostfell ;)
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{BITE} No, that's Lera. I just want to survive the next couple months at this point. :p
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was just kidding Niami I can't imagine you want more work.
    I get tyred just looking at all those posts you made .
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're not the only Ceiling item that does that, though they do seem to be the worst of the lot. :(

Why can't the attachment point be at the end of the chain, even if it doesn't look like a whole link is there? That never stopped the artists from making a solid rectangular block look like an open bookshelf... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

To clarify the new shiny collections, are they all puppet drops or city spawn? A mix? This isn't clear in the announcement, and seems to be puppet drop only from the comments.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

There is one shiny that comes from the death of the puppet (each boss puppet having a different one). You get a popup screen with the shiny. The rest of the collection pieces come from ground spawn. Anyone can see/harvest those.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just got a Far Seas Innovation crafting "Heroe's Feast Mead" and, as far as I know, I got nothing out of it (could be mistaken, my bags are a mess). It's rare enough that I thought I should mention it.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I couldn't reproduce this, and I just checked through the files, but I couldn't find any reason that a Far Seas Innovation wouldn't provide an item. All player levels are accounted for, and all of the possible items are still active. Must have been an item just added itself to a stack you already had.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

The issue isn't that Art wouldn't want to fix it, it's that we aren't having another Art file build until the expansion.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

am Kaitheel I don't know who this concerns but I had no problem killing the puppets in Commonlands or Antonica on my level 36 character with no particularly good armor , but on my level 100 ( one of the test ones ) I could just get the dragon down to 99% before the time ran out , and I was there as the dragon spawned .
    I have not even tried any of the other sock-puppets .
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Level is not the issue with these. There's a mechanic in place so all levels can contribute - once you know what you're doing. :D

The mechanic is that every successful "hit" on the puppet gives you a tick on the detriment counter in the bottom right of your screen. More ticks=more damage. So if you're choosing long-cast abilities or spells, you're building up less ticks, and doing less damage, even if the abilities themselves are your biggest and best. Find the always-hit abilities, and the short, fast stuff to build up the ticks to damage him. Some classes have an easier time of this at lower levels (such as channelers and healing arrow), others don't have guaranteed-to-hit abilities until higher levels. The trick is to figure out which of your abilities are generating ticks, and to use those on it.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but it's kind of symptomatic with Ceiling items, at least. Unless there's an actual sort of "stopper" that the chain or other attachment is built into (can't think of examples atm, but there are a few lamps like that), the end of the attachment tends to go shooting off into the stratosphere. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for your answer, I have done this quests a lot on many different servers I never had a level 100 before I only know that this has never happened to me before .
    I will see if I can figure this out.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{nod} The puppets aren't really meant to be soloed anyway, and only the CL/Ant one is truly feasible to solo at all :D The rest need more bodies.

If folks need them on Test for the Test-only mount achievement or for the collections, they should speak up in /test and ask for help. We can't always get critical mass for the bigger ones if you try off-peak hours, but we can give it a try!
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] Two furies (the only two we had around) are getting a "no targets in range" message on ALL direct damage spells they try on the puppets (verified so far in CL, Sinking Sands and KP - so Darathar, Djinn Master and Trakanon)

They ARE able to hit normal mobs with their direct damage abilities, but they cannot hit any puppet with them. Moving away and back was tried. Zoning was tried. Relogging was tried. Brock's Thermal Shocker even was used, to make sure it wasn't something spell-specific.

Character names are Yanu and Kaerys. (Kaerys is a returning player using a newly-created heroic, Yanu's been around on and off for ages)

Both players had to resort to melee and ring of fire spells to get hits in on the puppets.

Update: Same issue for them in Stonebrunt with Roehn Theer
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep, an issue for them with Baelon too. Yanu, at least, should be posting about it once we're done with this last fight.

THANK YOU to all who rallied to help with these puppets tonight. It really helped us narrow down the issue.

NEWS FLASH: Fury Rainye was able to hit them with DD's ... the other two can't ... this is getting odder all the time. {sigh} But at least the devs have names of Test characters they can doppleganger to reproduce the issue?
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for this puppet run today all test people :D
    Will have to ask for more help so I can get the mount on other ones of my toons :)