Heroes' Festival 2015 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The Heroes' Festival has begun! We invite all Norrathian adventurers to commemorate another year of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating and socializing. Celebrators, happy to share in the festivities, can be found in Qeynos Capitol District, or the City of Freeport. You won’t want to miss The Mischeva Play-Actors and their clothwork creations touring through Antonica, the Commonlands, Sinking Sands, Kylong Plains, the Eidolon Jungle, and Sundered Frontier!

New features for '15
    • Festival items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Token of Heroism
    • Mischeva Event items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Mischeva's Tribute
    Returning features:
    • Achievements:
      • Badge of Heroics - complete all repeatable holiday quests
      • Mischeva's Champion - defeat all patchwork bosses.
      • Darathar's Reprise - defeat Darathar
      • Djinn Master's Reprise - defeat Djinn Master
      • Trakanon's Reprise - defeat Trakanon
      • Roehn Theer's Reprise - defeat Roehn Theer
      • Baelon's Reprise - defeat Baelon
    • Mischeva's Clothworks event - A strange woman and her band of play-actors have been seen travelling around Norrath. Where they set up camp, they bring to life the stories of Norrath's past.
    • Mischeva's Tribute currency, dropped by the clothwork bosses across Norrath.
    • Quests:
      • Collection quest: "Samples of Destiny" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "The Play's The Thing" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "A Heroes' Feast in Qeynos!" and "A Heroes' Feast in Freeport!" - Tradeskill quests (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Festive Flames in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours )
      • "Thumore's Absence" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "Shattered Remains" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Missing Decorations in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 20 times)
      • “… Band Aid” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is Not repeatable)
      • “Aggressive Advertising in …” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 25 times)
      • "A Dream Adventure" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
    Currently, this event is scheduled to be active on live servers (but not Stormhold or Deathtoll) from 11/6/15 at 12:01am until 11/16/15 at 11:59pm Pac time.

Something to keep in mind while you test this, it is active on test while Nights of the Dead is active, but this will not be the case on live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

/ponders squeeeing. Is the Play's the Thing the one that was part of the 10th Anniv? Now, the 11th Anniv? Does that mean I will be able to catch up with having missed last year? I would be so happy ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

Aeteok is misspelt on the replicas. It says Aetoek.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

You know what would really fit well on the merchant? The Qeynos Claymore and Soulfire replicas from the old world event. Also, any chance of bringing back the quests The Queen's Impending Speech and The Overlord's Impending Speech? If not, could the Royal Scroll of Assistance at least be added as a quest reward for something else?
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it is its the one with the stuffy dragons and I love it :D I was soooo afraid it wont come back but it did
    jumps up and down in excitement
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yay :D just killed my first stuffed dragon took for ever ran out of power 2 times but I did it
    cant wait for this to return to the regular servers
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok, I spent from 6 am til 10 am waiting for Baelon to spawn in the Eidolon Jungle. Could not get the npc to tell the story even. I'm now back been here since 4:30 pm est and it is now 6pm and Baelon has still not spawned. The npc is telling the story but nothing. All the other monsters spawned with no issue.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I couldn't see the green shiny to update the Thumore's Absence quest in the Tower of Moon first time I have done the quest but I remember it's on the top floor maybe it's just me.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

For the Baelon's reprise completion, I can definitely say this mob is not spawning at all. I have spent now a total of 10 hours waiting in the jungle for this mob to spawn. The NPC, Roslyn Mischeva is telling the story, but nothing. Baelon never spawns. Hopefully this can be fixed.
  10. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Mischeva and her troop showed up in sinking sands but just kept saying are you a hero and that was it, no story or mob spawns Waited for 10 minutes or so but she just kept repeating the same script. Called out came back still no trigger.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It sounds like the main issue is with critters not spawning...to whom did you sacrifice, Schmetterling (and who/what did you use as bait), to get them to work? Or was it just the first day or so? :-/

Uwk
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I don't know you heard the others its just 2 of those dragons that seam to have a hangover from to much candy or something
    Maybe things will work better now all those dead things are out of here and the dragons will go back to where they belong when they cant loot anymore candy
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; any new rewards this time for "Aggressive Advertising"? Seems like there was something new every year there for awhile... ;->

Uwk
  14. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I dunno I was having trouble handing out the flyers cuz there weren't many folks on lol
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Hmm... I'm on Test, and Bealon is up in Eidolon Jungle. It must have just been that the wait time between her announcing and the appearance of the clothwork beast hadn't been reached. It's at least 15 min.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for that, Lera. They should all be corrected now.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I have just witnessed the following clothwork beasts up on Test:
    • Darathar - Antonica and The Commonlands
    • Djinn Master - Sinking Sands
    • Trakanon - Kylong Plains
    • Baelon - Eidolon Jungle
    • Roehn Theer - The Stonebrunt Highland
    ~ Kaitheel
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch. Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but seriously, in this day and age, I'm not sure how many folks have that kind of patience. The Testers are willing to wait hours on end to make sure this stuff works, but the average, ordinary player? Or ones who have more than the regulation 7-12 characters? If every beast takes 15 minutes to show up after its ringmaster announces its act, that's over an hour per character for the five of them. :-/

Even in RL, if something's been announced and it doesn't show up within at least 5-10 minutes, people will give up and go away to do something else. It's hard to compete with Instant this and that these days. :-/

Uwk
  19. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Kaitheel I'll wait the 15 minutes for the mob to spawn, Uwk seems to have a point about the wait time though, 15 minutes OMG what if you had to wait in the fast food drive-thru that long?
  20. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I understand the 15 minutes is most likely so people can assemble from far off places to get there, so 5 minutes would be way too short.

If you start at the lowest one, then progress through each, as I believe the intention was originally to be, does it still feel like too long a wait? Could it be brought to 10 minutes without much wailing?