Heritage Quests Issue

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Aydindri, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Aydindri New Member

I'm trying to go back to catch up on heritage quests, and I'm running into a HUGE issue: Instances where I've already killed the "boss" for something else (such as Fyst, who you need to kill for, including the Brass Shield, three different quests), so they're not available for me to actually complete the heritages they're required for.

Now before anyone else pops up with the obvious "group with someone who hasn't done them before" I did...and I don't know if it's a bug or something, but even letting her go first the areas were completely devoid of what we needed....the same way they were when I tried. Yes, I DID let her zone in first...yes, I did make sure she had the quests...no, I did not bother with chroning down, since she was close enough to my level it didn't make a difference...and yes, we DID try it with a couple of different Heritages: "Training is a Shield" (for the Shinny Brass Shield), "Rescuing the Greenbloods" (for the Short Sword of the Yekesha, which the guy we needed to talk to, as well as the women, WERE there for her to talk to, but Fyst and the nameds were still missing for both of us), and "A Strange Black Rock" (to get the Glowing Black Stone).

If anyone has ANY suggestions PLEASE let me know!
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't know honestly, until the new expansion launched, there were only 3 heritage quests that I had not completed so I do not think I had this issue.

One question I have and I am not sure whether it would matter or not, is the girl that has not completed these quests the group leader? I don't know if it would do anything or not, but it seems that the zone is set for the person that is the leader of the group. Perhaps try that and see if it works if you haven't already.

If the girl can go in alone, see if when she zones in alone everything is in there, form the group and join her after she has entered the zone.

Otherwise, I would /petition and /bug this. Like I said, I don't remember having this issue so it may be an unintended side-effect from something else. None of the 3 heritage quests that I had uncompleted when the new expansion launched was in Deathfist Citadel.

I wish I could offer more help, this one is bizarre indeed. I hope that one of my suggestions works for you or that you can get assistance from DBG for this or someone else chimes in and has a potential answer for you. Good luck!! Please keep us posted here on whether you get a solution and can complete them, so the information is available to another that runs into this problem.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Aydindri New Member

Thanks! I hadn't thought of making her the group leader! Thanks. When I get a chance I'll try it again.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Tx80i Member

Its been awhile since i ran deathfist, i thought all the nameds had to be killed to get to final named
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think that's the way it still is I ran it about 6 months ago. They have moved him though from the old days when he was down in the arena thing. I ran through several times also for the HQ's and didn't have any issues.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you killed it recently, did you try Alt-Z and resetting your timers? I have killed Emperor Fyst about a zillion times over the years, helping folks out.
    Cyrrena likes this.